Tiger racing super louver hood

foolio2k4

forum member
Reaction score
Colin, If you could please please please provide detailed pics of the underhood hinge and mouting areas. Also a picture of the top of the louvers and where water would channel to.

Also a review of it and which version (glass or carbon) you have.

Would be a tremendous help to me and everyone else interested.

Grip

Fast Addict
Reaction score
Colin, If you could please please please provide detailed pics of the underhood hinge and mouting areas. Also a picture of the top of the louvers and where water would channel to.

Also a review of it and which version (glass or carbon) you have.

Would be a tremendous help to me and everyone else interested.

Colin, if I'm not mistaken, did what I did and had one custom made before Paul started making them to order. I guess we kinda talked him into it, heh.

As a review, I loved it. Period. Way less drag and front-end lift at speed and it just looks bloody wicked. The only reason I don't have one on my '07 is because I don't have the funds I did when I built the '95. It's absolutely on the list, though.

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
My builder has my heads. Not sure how long its gonna take. but once i get em back, i just bolt it all together. its all waiting in my garage.

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Colin, if I'm not mistaken, did what I did and had one custom made before Paul started making them to order. I guess we kinda talked him into it, heh.

As a review, I loved it. Period. Way less drag and front-end lift at speed and it just looks bloody wicked. The only reason I don't have one on my '07 is because I don't have the funds I did when I built the '95. It's absolutely on the list, though.

Colin's is the fiberglass lift off hood bonded to an OEM aluminum frame..it's what they've based the production bolt-on hood on if I'm not mistaken. On another forum he reported a notable reduction in front end lift at speed (and as you'd expect, added front end stability), and gained a few MPH on the straights at Thunderhill.

pbr96

speed junkie
Reaction score
Greetings guys, I don't spend much time on forums with all the projects that we have going on, but I figured I should post a reply to your hood questions when I became aware.

We started shipping customer hoods this week in fiberglass and should be laying up the prototype carbon pieces next week to get a confirmed price and weight. We normally make a few so that we can tweak the process and get a confirmed b.o.m. and procedure. For us, this has been a log time coming to release this hood style and we feel that we have an OEM quality piece to provide customers which until it was that we, we stayed away from the street car market.

The 2005-9 hood is done and shipping like I mentioned. $749 in fiberglass and we are estimating in the $12-1300 range for carbon. The 2010-15 hood is in process now, but will not be released probably until late March or April as our contract with Ford Racing and the Boss 302S is priority.

I've attached a couple pictures of the underside of the hood and on my wife’s street car. For the record, water seems to come off the hood at speed due to the air being released from underneath. We have left a small lip at the bottom of each louver to help catch some water, but not a lot. Unfortunately to make a water proof hood pretty much eliminates the function of the louvers. I've played with a few designs and to do it cuts done on efficiently and actually drives the price up. If someone wants the hood delivered without the louvers cut open, we can do that to.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions at [email protected] or 626-967-6796 I hope this helps.

Paul Brown
Tiger Racing

Attachments

• Production SL hood front.jpg
    Production SL hood front.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 199
  • Production SL hood rear.jpg
    Production SL hood rear.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 229
  • Production SL hood underside.jpg
    Production SL hood underside.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 254

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Greetings guys, I don't spend much time on forums with all the projects that we have going on, but I figured I should post a reply to your hood questions when I became aware.

We started shipping customer hoods this week in fiberglass and should be laying up the prototype carbon pieces next week to get a confirmed price and weight. We normally make a few so that we can tweak the process and get a confirmed b.o.m. and procedure. For us, this has been a log time coming to release this hood style and we feel that we have an OEM quality piece to provide customers which until it was that we, we stayed away from the street car market.

The 2005-9 hood is done and shipping like I mentioned. $749 in fiberglass and we are estimating in the $12-1300 range for carbon. The 2010-15 hood is in process now, but will not be released probably until late March or April as our contract with Ford Racing and the Boss 302S is priority.

I've attached a couple pictures of the underside of the hood and on my wife’s street car. For the record, water seems to come off the hood at speed due to the air being released from underneath. We have left a small lip at the bottom of each louver to help catch some water, but not a lot. Unfortunately to make a water proof hood pretty much eliminates the function of the louvers. I've played with a few designs and to do it cuts done on efficiently and actually drives the price up. If someone wants the hood delivered without the louvers cut open, we can do that to.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions at [email protected] or 626-967-6796 I hope this helps.

Paul Brown
Tiger Racing

I've already emailed you Paul and would definitely like one of the 05-09 carbon ones when completed, I'm happy to give you a deposit if required :beer:

pbr96

speed junkie
Reaction score
Finalizing production version of carbon this week....I hope, at least it's in the works. Coming along nicely and FYI, Ford Racing is now putting the carbon hoods on the Boss 302S as well.

Paul Brown
Tiger Racing

Cobra SS

forum member
Reaction score
Finalizing production version of carbon this week....I hope, at least it's in the works. Coming along nicely and FYI, Ford Racing is now putting the carbon hoods on the Boss 302S as well.

Paul Brown
Tiger Racing

are these being offered for a hinged application or are they all left hood hoods?

pbr96

speed junkie
Reaction score
are these being offered for a hinged application or are they all left hood hoods?

Yes, full bolt on with hinge plates and latch. You will need to transfer the U bracket latch piece off your stock hood and attach it to the underside, but we provide the reinforced plate to accept it just like stock.

Paul Brown
Tiger Racing
626-967-6796

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
I put a deposit on one today. The ones used on the 302s had hinges fasten to the back. It appears in the photo above to have accommodations for the stock latch as well. I plan on using Aero latches on mine.

pbr96

speed junkie
Reaction score
Just a teaser of the carbon hood for now, still a few things I want to perfect on the process and lamination before we start shipping. We will not be offering a cosmetic carbon finish at this time and will most likely ship them in a primer finish. The hood is just too large and the louvers add way to much complication to the layup and bagging to get a perfect show finish. The benefit of the carbon hood will be half the weight of the fiberglass for those who are on diets.

I'll keep everyone posted with carbon results, pricing and when we start to ship the backorders. Fiberglass is available now.

Thanks,
Paul Brown
Tiger Racing

Attachments

• TR16612DC LW-1.JPG
    TR16612DC LW-1.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 234
  • TR16612DC-LW-2.JPG
    TR16612DC-LW-2.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 203

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Paul, I can't wait to get my hands on one of those carbon bad boys! :beer:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back