Tiger racing super louver hood

GR40Freak

Stig's American Cousin
Reaction score
Colin, If you could please please please provide detailed pics of the underhood hinge and mouting areas. Also a picture of the top of the louvers and where water would channel to.

Also a review of it and which version (glass or carbon) you have.

Would be a tremendous help to me and everyone else interested.

I took apart a stock hood (separated the top and frame by grinding the edges) and then bonded the modified frame section to a fiberglass race hood from Tiger Racing. I used an adhesive called 3M panel bond. The entire process was covered on Corner-Carvers (link below) starting at post #475. My responses go into the next page as people asked all sorts of different questions. The hood made a noticeable difference in front end grip on the track at track speeds. Have a read. The pictures should be visible, let me know if you can't see them.

http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9385&page=12

The Tiger Racing products are fantastic. Period. The splitter is $1300 because you can STAND ON IT!!! This is race stuff fellas, not crap posing as race stuff. Its the best aerodynamic parts for our cars, so much so that the new Boss 302R comes with Tiger Racing hoods and wings as standard equipment.

That write up was done back in '09, since then I have had my car to 208MPH. The hood worked perfectly.

Colin

Last edited:

pbr96

speed junkie
Reaction score
YES!!

The new Tiger Racing Super Louvered Hoods are ready to ship. The carbon version will be sold in a grey primer; it is not a cosmetic fake carbon hood, but a real carbon part for weight reduction. The average weight of the carbon hood 15-16 lbs and fiberglass is 26-27 lbs.

The carbon hood is available at an introductory price of $1295, fiberglass $749, plus a small box fee and truck freight. We will start shipping back orders next week and are now accepting new orders.

Due to the nature of the carbon fiber, it does sometimes show a slight imprint of the carbon weave in the hood finish, very minor, but I need to make people aware. We could change the lamination process, add more material, time, weight and cost, but I don't think it's worth it.

The louvers will also come rough trimmed. This is done by hand and we try to get it 90-95% complete and may require slight finish work. Maybe just edge with a sanding block or file, again minor touch ups.

Feel free to contact me to place an order or ask any questions. Below are pictures of 2 production carbon hoods completed before shipping.

Thanks
Paul Brown
Tiger Racing
[email protected]

Attachments

• P1010021.JPG
    P1010021.JPG
    253.5 KB · Views: 195
  • P1010022.JPG
    P1010022.JPG
    267.5 KB · Views: 177
  • P1010023.JPG
    P1010023.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 190
  • P1010024.JPG
    P1010024.JPG
    233.7 KB · Views: 145
  • P1010025.JPG
    P1010025.JPG
    252.9 KB · Views: 155

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
Wow good news.

Hey any chance you will make the vented front fenders for the 2010/11 model? You had some for an older model on your web site. I'd like a set of those in carbon too.

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
Hood looks good. These are bolt on so they use suck hardware and hinges correct?

I wouldn't say the hardware sucks. It would be cool if it were aluminum I might do that just for the looks.

I saw the hoood mounted on the 302s at Rehagen Racing and it worked with the stock hinges. I do not remember if they had pins as well. With the huge vents I don't think pins are as necessary as on some aftermarket hoods as there won't be significant pressure build up under the hood.

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The average weight of the carbon hood 15-16 lbs and fiberglass is 26-27 lbs.

so what does a factory hood weigh ? I've picked a few up but never had them on a scale.

Cobra SS

forum member
Reaction score
Paul says, it fits over most strut braces. He said the only strut brace that is an issue is the GT500KR and it just touches the hood.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
I wouldn't say the hardware sucks. It would be cool if it were aluminum I might do that just for the looks.

I saw the hoood mounted on the 302s at Rehagen Racing and it worked with the stock hinges. I do not remember if they had pins as well. With the huge vents I don't think pins are as necessary as on some aftermarket hoods as there won't be significant pressure build up under the hood.

Damn phone I was in a hurry and didn't proof read. I was teyng to put stock hardware.

pbr96

speed junkie
Reaction score
Couple of quick answers, I think the stock hood is in the 28-30lb. range. The center is roughly an inch higher than stock and yes they work with the stock hardware, hinges and latch. Hood pins not required bit always recommended.

We have been looking at doing wider fenders for a GT-series race car, but I have not been happy with the vent combo on the new car because of the radius of the fenders. It's not like the older cars with a flat wide surface on top so what we have played with just looks funny, but the CFD looks pretty good so we may try to come up with something.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
I had to cut a hole in my stock hood and run a roush hood scoop because of the 5.4 with the JPC intake manifold, I don't know if an extra inch of clearance would be enough though...

Philostang

Chrome Hater
Reaction score
As I recall, my stock aluminum hood came in at 30 lbs.

From what I've seen & heard, many aftermarket hoods are significantly heavier (Steeda's competition hood is an exception). So even the fiberglass version of this hood is impressive alongside its competitors, very few of which can even come close to claiming half of the functionality of this thing.

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
We have been looking at doing wider fenders for a GT-series race car, but I have not been happy with the vent combo on the new car because of the radius of the fenders. It's not like the older cars with a flat wide surface on top so what we have played with just looks funny, but the CFD looks pretty good so we may try to come up with something.

You mean like this one? That's the one I like. Yes not enough room on the top but the side vent makes the character lines mean something. The engine compartment is open to the inside of the fender as is an area between the inner fender and the fire wall the side vent would help reduce pressure in both areas. It would be nice if you could leave a bit of cosmetic carbon just behind the vent opening. :thumb:

wide_fenders2.jpg

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
YES!!

The new Tiger Racing Super Louvered Hoods are ready to ship. The carbon version will be sold in a grey primer; it is not a cosmetic fake carbon hood, but a real carbon part for weight reduction. The average weight of the carbon hood 15-16 lbs and fiberglass is 26-27 lbs.

The carbon hood is available at an introductory price of $1295, fiberglass $749, plus a small box fee and truck freight. We will start shipping back orders next week and are now accepting new orders.

Due to the nature of the carbon fiber, it does sometimes show a slight imprint of the carbon weave in the hood finish, very minor, but I need to make people aware. We could change the lamination process, add more material, time, weight and cost, but I don't think it's worth it.

The louvers will also come rough trimmed. This is done by hand and we try to get it 90-95% complete and may require slight finish work. Maybe just edge with a sanding block or file, again minor touch ups.

Feel free to contact me to place an order or ask any questions. Below are pictures of 2 production carbon hoods completed before shipping.

Thanks
Paul Brown
Tiger Racing
[email protected]

I just paid for one of the carbon versions! Now I'm seriously looking forward to receiving it, getting it painted, fitted to the car and hitting the track! :clap:

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
YES!!

Thanks
Paul Brown
Tiger Racing
[email protected]

Are we talking 05/09 hoods here or 2010/2011 hoods?

pbr96

speed junkie
Reaction score
05-09 hoods shipping now, 2010-11 hoods sometime in April. Need to finish building all of Fords hoods for the Boss 302S first. Just think of it as we will have lots of practice by the time we get to yours. :thumb2:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back