TR6060 Steel Bellhousing?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
yes, for me its just bolt on. Promotion did the machine work on the front cover.

Quick time makes a RM8080 for fords, its the replacement of a cobra (03-04) bellhousing, but just like the regular aluminum bellhousing, the whole transmission is rotated about 6 degrees, which is fine if your shifter is attached to the transmission and you dont have a remote shifter like we do that attaches to the body.

you can see how the holes are shifted on that bell housing. the bell housing i got from pro motion has these holes all lines up so the trans sits upright just like it should so our shifter will not be twisted up. they also use 2 spacers that go between the trans and the bellhousing to give it the correct depth. other than the bellhousing and spacers they machine the front plate for the tr6060 by machining out the inside for the correct size bearing around the input shaft and they also have to machine something for the detent at the very top of that front plate where that big bolt head it at.

I didnt have any issues with installing it other than having to trim down a few spots for my turbo piping.

Is the overall length the same as the 6060 non removable stuff was?

Clutch line? You mean the hard line from the cylinder to the outside of the bellhousing?

Yes, the bellhousing probably does not have the provision even if the adapter plate did, you can trim the bellhousing if you don't want to mess with line.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Clutch line? You mean the hard line from the cylinder to the outside of the bellhousing?

The little small line that comes off the slave, it bends pretty easy, just lossened it up, twisted to the best spot and bent the rest of the way. I'll take a picture when I get back under there, there is a spot on the new front plate just where that line needs to be. A different slave may work, maybe a camaro slave would already have that line bent? The bolt holes on the slave is at different locations.

Is the overall length the same as the 6060 non removable stuff was?

Yes, the bellhousing probably does not have the provision even if the adapter plate did, you can trim the bellhousing if you don't want to mess with line.

Yeah, once I add the spacers they are sending me it should all be identical. The spacers are about 1/2 thick and they are the same pattern as the bell housing/tranny, kinda like the spacer that goes between the motor and bell housing.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, once I add the spacers they are sending me it should all be identical. The spacers are about 1/2 thick and they are the same pattern as the bell housing/tranny, kinda like the spacer that goes between the motor and bell housing.

Does it comes with a guide or something, proper centering is really crucial here.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
It has dowel pins on the transmission and holes for the dowel pins on the bell housing, I may have to pull them out and make longer ones depending on how these spacers look.

Here's a little more explanation on the slave, you can see how the ford slave holes are side to side while the camaro has them at more of a angle .

Ford:
ff79e9f607125c318bbbec378397baac_zpscfa0377f.jpg

New front plate:
d3af6960d761cd9394d5bae4c464e225_zpseb39411b.jpg

So my existing slave line had to bend up, camaro slave would probably work just fine.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
This is my actual front plate, there is a spot there for a bleeder, they also make a remote bleeder set up so you can bleed it all real easy.

3E41B8C2-882D-4B13-87E1-A470C9A67156_zpsbpt1ln4e.jpg

I don't know the height of that slave though so not sure if it would work.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
F2DEEDCA-6872-4FE2-93A5-2E85EC9FB9A9_zps3pc6qzso.jpg

3F2BA95A-90DD-478A-B7B4-ACC83A14E69F_zpsmzxrp4qz.jpg

4CAA1848-1FA1-4604-A1FD-94786E8C80B4_zpslcsbkssb.jpg

3 spacers came in, (2) 1/4" for the bell housing and also a spacer for the slave/TOB. Made some longer Dow pins out of a old bolt.

Bolted it all in! The rear trans mount lined up perfect , didn't have to do anything. Shifts good, feels like it's all back to normal. Only rear PITA was getting to the top bolts on the transmission, turbo piping is just in the way on my set up a lot. My fat hands don't help either.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back