Tsb 11-07-07

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
But is there a way to make it so they cannot detect if it was tuned?

I am planning on taking off the intake and putting about 500 miles on it with stock tune, is this sufficient?

I dont see how they can deny warranty claim on a car that has had a battery disconnect.

Yes they can detect it if they look for it. It depends on what you bring it in for. If you bring it in for a TSB and the car has no other problems and looks stock, they probably won't dig in to the PCM to find if it's been flashed. If you bring it in with a bad motor, they're going to turn your world upside down looking for anything they can find.

If nothing else is wrong with your car, and you return it to stock and drive it for a while, you should be okay. They'll have no reason to dig any further. Don't give them a reason to dig any further.

They can't deny a warranty claim for disconnecting your battery. There's more to it than that. Whatever you bring your car in for, they'll find the cause. If the real cause of the problem was an aftermarket tune, they'll find it. Doesn't matter if you disconnect your battery or not.

anarchyx914

forum member
Reaction score
Yes they can detect it if they look for it. It depends on what you bring it in for. If you bring it in for a TSB and the car has no other problems and looks stock, they probably won't dig in to the PCM to find if it's been flashed. If you bring it in with a bad motor, they're going to turn your world upside down looking for anything they can find.

If nothing else is wrong with your car, and you return it to stock and drive it for a while, you should be okay. They'll have no reason to dig any further. Don't give them a reason to dig any further.

They can't deny a warranty claim for disconnecting your battery. There's more to it than that. Whatever you bring your car in for, they'll find the cause. If the real cause of the problem was an aftermarket tune, they'll find it. Doesn't matter if you disconnect your battery or not.

Thanks, nothing else is wrong with it, except the leak from the rear axle breather.. I will probably not even put the intake/tuner on if its going to this big fiasco, i dont plan on doing anything more than that ever to the car, as it was my dream car and I just wanted to get a little more response out of it. Not worth it to me.

It just has the tick that happens on driver side. Do I need to do anything special other than just put it back to stock? Do I need to disconnect battery after? Never had to do this lol.

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
I havent read through all 15 pages of this.

But is there a way to make it so they cannot detect if it was tuned?

I really need to get mine in for the knock TSB.

I am planning on taking off the intake and putting about 500 miles on it with stock tune, is this sufficient?

I dont see how they can deny warranty claim on a car that has had a battery disconnect.

My mustang sat for so long (3 months) that the battery died and I had to jump it lol.

double-facepalm1.jpg

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Depends on the dealer. My service manager told me he checks the PCM flash history for every single Mustang that comes into his shop...

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Thanks, nothing else is wrong with it, except the leak from the rear axle breather.. I will probably not even put the intake/tuner on if its going to this big fiasco, i dont plan on doing anything more than that ever to the car, as it was my dream car and I just wanted to get a little more response out of it. Not worth it to me.

It just has the tick that happens on driver side. Do I need to do anything special other than just put it back to stock? Do I need to disconnect battery after? Never had to do this lol.

So the leak from the axel breather ISNT suppose to be happen/be normal?? Mine is leaking as well and makes my rear end look like shit... not that I care what it looks like, I just notice it when I get under the car. I thought that was normal, am I wrong?

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
i just recently noticed my rear axle breather is leaking as well.....well not really leaking but more just a lil sticky like you can tell shit has come out of it. its not like its making a spot on the floor though. i really didnt think it was anything to worry about.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
There's a TSB on the axle vent leak. Ford has a new "breather" they install in place of the vent. It looks more like a sex toy, but it works.

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
Depends on the dealer. My service manager told me he checks the PCM flash history for every single Mustang that comes into his shop...

In other words, "My numbers look better when you pay as opposed to having Ford pay. We'd rather the money come from you and not your warranty."

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
In other words, "My numbers look better when you pay as opposed to having Ford pay. We'd rather the money come from you and not your warranty."

That's not it at all. Anytime warranty work is done at a dealer, the repair is reviewed after the fact by Ford. If Ford finds it shouldn't have been covered for any reason, Ford charges the entire repair back to the dealership. Dealers are dicks about covering certain things because they don't want to be charged back for it by Ford.

Warranty work pays really well. The dealer doesn't make the decision to cover it or not based on dollars. They do it based on the risk of having to pay for the entire repair themselves later if Ford determines it shouldn't have been covered.

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
That's not it at all. Anytime warranty work is done at a dealer, the repair is reviewed after the fact by Ford. If Ford finds it shouldn't have been covered for any reason, Ford charges the entire repair back to the dealership. Dealers are dicks about covering certain things because they don't want to be charged back for it by Ford.

Warranty work pays really well. The dealer doesn't make the decision to cover it or not based on dollars. They do it based on the risk of having to pay for the entire repair themselves later if Ford determines it shouldn't have been covered.
Look, I agree, if something breaks in the drive line, they should be looking for a tune.

But when someone says they check the ECM of every Mustang through the door, I get the feeling that they are looking for their own good, not yours.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score

Your service manager is only in it for himself then. Wants to look good and make a name for himself. I'm sure he could care less about the customers who have purchased cars from your dealer.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back