Tulsa, OK Mid America All-Ford Meet

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well shit... I may just have to see if I can figure out a way to go.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
just found out that i might be able to get some time off work for this event, got one other guy with a 01 bullitt going with, anyone else from Arkansas thinking about going and want to meet up???

I'll be headed up with a couple more guys from the rock. Shoot me a pm if you're still going. I'll be at Hallett on Friday and I also got a drag racing ticket but I know you have to wait in line for like 3 hours to get on the strip. Gonna be a smokin good time. :beerdrink:

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Less than a week, people!! There are several departures being organized from Houston......

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Getting closer!!! Stang leaves Houston @ 6am on Thursday.....woot woot!!

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
This may have been covered but where is everyone staying? As it stands I think I am going to come up some time Saturday and hangout, spend the night, and enter the show Sunday. Need a room and would like to be around some people I "know".

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, I HAD an extra room at the Hilton this morning, but that's been cancelled. So far, Keplinger's sleeping in the Marriott parking lot, I'm in the Marriott, a bunch of Team Shelby folks will be at the Marriott.

Just show up. Someone will find a place for you. Keplinger says the hotel bar is really niiiiice!

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
Well, I HAD an extra room at the Hilton this morning, but that's been cancelled. So far, Keplinger's sleeping in the Marriott parking lot, I'm in the Marriott, a bunch of Team Shelby folks will be at the Marriott.

Just show up. Someone will find a place for you. Keplinger says the hotel bar is really niiiiice!

I plan on joining the Sat night Marriott bar festivities...:beer:

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This would be a good occasion to wear our S197forum t-shirts to A. find one another and B. get a group photo for the site.

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Face, hurts, too much sun and wind already today in just a few short hours at Hallett watching other drivers, and hanging out with Keplinger. Tomorrow, actually driving ON the track.

Tonight, huge cruise in town. Word was last year's cruise encompassed over 700 cars, and let me tell you, there are a LOT of Stangs in the Marriott parking lot already...

So who else from here is gonna join us tonight in the hotel bar after cruise party??

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Face, hurts, too much sun and wind already today in just a few short hours at Hallett watching other drivers, and hanging out with Keplinger. Tomorrow, actually driving ON the track.

I think I remember seeing your car(the plates), but as I recall, it was Liz doing the seeing of other cars go by on the track lol.

Here's some videos and pics. It was very hot like 102 at the drag strip so times were nothing spectacular. FE guys were DOMINATING the late models during TNT.

Drag racing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YODbJN8aQdc

Hallett on Friday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVGPF5xZazM

Pics:

http://centralarkansasmustangers.co...gory&catid=7&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=65

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ah young Jedi, you would be mistaken. The Lizster made 7 passes around the track at Hallett - 3 she drove herself, 3 she got to ridealong, and 1 more on Friday that was a bonus.

I skipped the drags other than to watch all the cars and drivers coming in thru tech. The variety of vintage racers going on both the road course and the drag strip restored my faith that there are still people out there who really DO drive their cars the way they're meant to be driven.

Was an outstanding weekend here in Tulsa (aside from the heat). Saw a lot of folks for the first time in 3 years since leaving MO, was a good time. Too bad more of ya didn't make it out.

Barnett, good to meet you and the Mrs! Enjoyed the karaoke very much, lol!

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The variety of vintage racers going on both the road course and the drag strip restored my faith that there are still people out there who really DO drive their cars the way they're meant to be driven.
What about this forum made you lose that faith to begin with?

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
Ah young Jedi, you would be mistaken. The Lizster made 7 passes around the track at Hallett - 3 she drove herself, 3 she got to ridealong, and 1 more on Friday that was a bonus.

I skipped the drags other than to watch all the cars and drivers coming in thru tech. The variety of vintage racers going on both the road course and the drag strip restored my faith that there are still people out there who really DO drive their cars the way they're meant to be driven.

Was an outstanding weekend here in Tulsa (aside from the heat). Saw a lot of folks for the first time in 3 years since leaving MO, was a good time. Too bad more of ya didn't make it out.

Barnett, good to meet you and the Mrs! Enjoyed the karaoke very much, lol!

Who is this "Barnett" you speak of?

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hell yea for the Edsel.......damn an 11 second Eddie

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Who is this "Barnett" you speak of?
It's you except I wasn't wearing my bifocals when I was typing... BARRETT.

Ray, I never lose faith in this forum as bunch of drivers. Everyone knows this isn't a show pony board.

Road course racing = awesomeness.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
It's you except I wasn't wearing my bifocals when I was typing... BARRETT.

Ray, I never lose faith in this forum as bunch of drivers. Everyone knows this isn't a show pony board.

Road course racing = awesomeness.

:beer:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back