Tulsa, OK Mid America All-Ford Meet

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think I remember seeing your car(the plates), but as I recall, it was Liz doing the seeing of other cars go by on the track lol.

Here's some videos and pics. It was very hot like 102 at the drag strip so times were nothing spectacular. FE guys were DOMINATING the late models during TNT.

Drag racing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YODbJN8aQdc

Hallett on Friday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVGPF5xZazM

Pics:

http://centralarkansasmustangers.co...gory&catid=7&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=65

I went to the trouble to set up video embedding capability on the board. The least you could do is go through the trouble of learning how to use it

kdesigns

forum member
Reaction score
Just got back from Tulsa - What a Show!

Will post photos later, 2300 miles in TMB this trip, I'm beat!

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Werd. Granny Liz took a nap today as part of the recuperation process. Naturally, she's wide awake now.

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
I totally forgot about this event. Can't tell all how many times I have been down the track back in my youth. Grew up outside of T-town. Great videos too.

Did anyone get to met the guy in the Edsel? If it is the guy I'm thinking of he is in his late 60's about 5'11'', gray hair with a gotte. Also drives a nice red 04 Mach 1 which he tracked out at Hallet. I was talking to him last weekend at the track, Gulfport Raceway. I believe he lives here in SLidell. He and Bill Tripoli go way back and, yes that is the worlds fastest Edsel.

Need to mark the calander or make a forum announcment next year and et a bunch of folks together.

kdesigns

forum member
Reaction score
Different Edsel, I think. This one was Red, not the Black one.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
I totally forgot about this event. Can't tell all how many times I have been down the track back in my youth. Grew up outside of T-town. Great videos too.

Did anyone get to met the guy in the Edsel? If it is the guy I'm thinking of he is in his late 60's about 5'11'', gray hair with a gotte. Also drives a nice red 04 Mach 1 which he tracked out at Hallet. I was talking to him last weekend at the track, Gulfport Raceway. I believe he lives here in SLidell. He and Bill Tripoli go way back and, yes that is the worlds fastest Edsel.

Need to mark the calander or make a forum announcment next year and et a bunch of folks together.

Nope, this guy is about 45 yrs old tall like 6'4.

kdesigns

forum member
Reaction score
MASM 2010

Finally got some photos sorted, resized, etc. Tulsa was GREAT!

Liz on Track!
HensleyonTracklr.jpg

105+ in the new 2011 Shelby GT350
105.jpg

Sunday Car Show
CarShow.jpg

Thursday Cruise had 885 Mustangs! 5.5 miles of cars!
cruise.jpg

Saturday Drag Races - You never know who'll line up together ;-)
DragRace.jpg

Jim Farley on the track
Farley.jpg

Jim Farley was the keynote speaker
Farley2.jpg

The Late Model Race on Friday
LMrace.jpg

Vintage Race on Friday
vintagerace.jpg

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Was that the non-whippled GT350 that shows the tach at 6500 ? I know they had 1 SC'd and one NA GT350.

I would of thought for sure that they would be shifting into 4th with the SC'd one, but also thought they would of gone to 4th in the non-SC'd one too on the straight.

kdesigns

forum member
Reaction score
Was that the non-whippled GT350 that shows the tach at 6500 ? I know they had 1 SC'd and one NA GT350.

I would of thought for sure that they would be shifting into 4th with the SC'd one, but also thought they would of gone to 4th in the non-SC'd one too on the straight.

You know, there was so much back and forth that day with the 2 cars that I've forgotten which one that photo came from. I wanna say that it was the non-S/C car. I "think" the S/C car had the auto. My bad. Too many cars, too few brain cells. Guess that's why I shoot but seldom write...

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
Great Pic's!
Did anyone hit the Cains BALLROOM or cruise Brookside Blvd?

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
You know, there was so much back and forth that day with the 2 cars that I've forgotten which one that photo came from. I wanna say that it was the non-S/C car. I "think" the S/C car had the auto. My bad. Too many cars, too few brain cells. Guess that's why I shoot but seldom write...

I was just curious because I was hoping it was the whippled Shelby that was pulling on me out of the corners. :chairfall:

It was impressively fast as both of us were on the brink of lapping the field during 8 minute sessions.

Great Pic's!

No, but we went to Spaghetti Warehouse. :puke:

kdesigns

forum member
Reaction score
I was just curious because I was hoping it was the whippled Shelby that was pulling on me out of the corners. :chairfall:

It was impressively fast as both of us were on the brink of lapping the field during 8 minute sessions.

Which car was yours?

kdesigns

forum member
Reaction score
Great Pic's!

Cains was 1 block up from where the cruise parked, they're talking about extending it up the street to include Cain's next year. I was too busy shooting my ass off to do much else.

Brookside decided that 885 Mustangs was just too much fun, so the cruise went to Brady. While I liked Brookside in the past, I really think that the Brady district has soo much more to offer, as far as food and entertainment goes. And since a large protion of the cars are newer cars, the nostalgia aspect really doesn't play into it that much, to me. I liked Brady, and am looking forward to them making a few changes for next year, it'll be even better! ;-)

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Which car was yours?

The black Shelby GT with black Steeda Pentar wheels. I had a big Tea Party Patriots sticker on my back glass...wanted to make sure people were seeing that lol. I was in run group IIA(they wouldn't let me in group 1 due to no roll cage)

kdesigns

forum member
Reaction score
The black Shelby GT with black Steeda Pentar wheels. I had a big Tea Party Patriots sticker on my back glass...wanted to make sure people were seeing that lol. I was in run group IIA(they wouldn't let me in group 1 due to no roll cage)

Any of these you?

DSC_6776.jpg

DSC_8442.jpg

DSC_8388.jpg

DSC_6840.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back