Vortech S-trim blower, Paxton 'cooler: testing the waters

tom281

Warp Rider
Reaction score
Testing the waters here but will sell if someone is interested......

Vortech S-trim blower with 3.8" and 3.33" pulleys..... with the 3.33" the system makes around 11psi and is currently producing 470 rwhp / 415 rwtq. Includes a Paxton air-to-air intercooler. System is polished- blower is 9 months old and intercooler is 5 months old. All professionally installed; will be professionally removed. Can provide pix and a dyno sheet if wanted.

All parts needed to install the blower and 'cooler are included. You will need to have your own injectors, tuner, etc. Asking $3500 shipped. Will listen to reasonable offers.......

A John In NJ

Rice Cooker
Reaction score
What the peak boost this kit can run? If I changed the pulley...

-John

tom281

Warp Rider
Reaction score
I do alot of work with Brenspeed..... they installed and tuned this kit. One day back in October, they put on Vortech's smallest pulley (2.62") and the car made over 500 rwhp at ~15psi when they stopped testing becuase I didn't want to take a tow truck ride home LOL.

To answer your question, I don't know the exact boost limit but it's more than the factory short block can handle.

tom281

Warp Rider
Reaction score
BUMP..... will sell to an interested party! Let me know, tax time is coming!

tom281

Warp Rider
Reaction score
Interesting, why you selling?

I am working with my local tuner on a different supercharger package- that's the only reason. This setup with the 3.33" pulley has been great.

I have been approached by several people wanting to know if I'll separate the system- there is a party wanting the 'cooler, so if anyone wants just the headunit let me know.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
FYI: It has more in it with some creative mods and tuning. I made 526 rwhp on my race tune with the vortech with the 3.31 pulley on the stock longblock for a year making 14 psi peak at about 6800 rpm. On my street pump gas tune, I made about 11-12 psi peak at about 6400 rpm making around 450'ish rwhp.

CK

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back