05-09 S197 Retrofit and Lighting Thread

Discussion in 'Madd Retros' started by b.mad, Feb 7, 2018.

1. b.mad

b.mad Official Site Vendor

Starting off the thread for the 05-09s. Here are some of the services we offer at the moment:

Standard Retrofits:
    MH1 w/Rep Housing: $625 shipped ($550 if you provide the housing)
    Standard H1 w/Rep Housing: $550 shipped ($475 if you provide the housing)
    Replica housings usually come with black bezels
    Price includes labor, housing, HID system, projector, shroud (Panamera, Apollo 3.0, Gatling Gun 1.0).

Optional:
    • Projector etching: $50-$100
    • Shrouds: $25-$70
    • Paint:
      • Reflector Paint: $150
      • Bezel Paint (if different than reflector): $100
      • Shroud Paint: $75
    • Demon Eyes:
      • Passive: $25
      • Single Demon Eyes: $50
      • RGB Demon Eyes: $150
    • Halo:
      • Solid Color: $70
      • Switchback: $70
      • RGB: $150
      • Flow Series: $175

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    EBABlacknChrome likes this.
  2. b.mad

2005-2009 Ford S197 Mustang GT/V6

The build includes:
    • OEM Housing
    • Morimoto MH1 7.0 projector
    • Gloss Black Reflector/Bezel
    • Mini Graphite Shrouds

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  3. b.mad

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  4. b.mad

This is the lens restored. Because its near impossible to get a like-new condition, we tried the best we can and got them looking pretty nice! Its clear enough to see the shitty varnish on the table.

[​IMG]
    The reflector was painted gloss black, and so were the bezels to match the reflector. Gives it a nice even look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  5. Wes06

Wes06 forum member

I did that with my retrofits, Im not 100% happy with it since the rear is open still to let humidity in, and had water get in when i washed it once. and the way the projector's were mounted into the housing wasnt super great.

But projector's are A+ compared to halogens and super happy with it

6. RocketcarX

RocketcarX 95% of my weight is fuel

Not to be a smart ass but it seems like you might start with the pair of aftermarket headlight for these kind of projects instead of spending your time polishing factory lens that will haze up in 6 months.
    I know I wouldn't put my name on something that high end only to leave a window open for the customer to bad mouth you when the choice he made to be cheap rears it's head.
    You can buy these things new for $100 a pair, I can only imagine you sent an hour or more doing the lens reconditioning so the time saved in labor should offset the cost of a fresh set of headlight assemblies.
    Never give the customer the option to be cheap, it will fuck you every time.

b.mad likes this.
  7. Brandon08GT

Brandon08GT forum member

I’d like to see updates of these when they are done. Definitely interested in having something similar done eventually.

8. b.mad

You are right about that. Just is why when I officially "release" the option on my site, they will come with a new housing. This was a build that I took on when I launched, and honoring what I said I was going to do.

But you are absolutely right on that.

9. b.mad

Whenever you are ready, just send us an email or message. The option will be available on our site after this build. Where you can use the Forum discount code!

10. RocketcarX

RocketcarX 95% of my weight is fuel

You work and attention to detail is good, it's hard to make these things look so nice as a finished product. Keep up the good work.

11. Brandon08GT

Brandon08GT forum member

Will do. I actually bought some used headlights and fog lights a couple of days ago and waiting for them to come in to see the kind of condition they are in. I tried wet sanding my stock ones and apparently I’m not good at it. They didn’t turn out so well.

12. b.mad

Thank you!

13. b.mad

Haha. Funny considering Rocket and I were just talking about it.

If you can, share some pictures of them and see if thats something you want to work with, or if you want to just get a new set.

14. b.mad

Here are some more shots of me just slapping things off. Nothing permanent. I was messing with the Halos and Demon eyes, and man these things are bright!! Got them de-pinned and mocked up the shroud for the halo. For now, check it out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brandon08GT likes this.
  15. Brandon08GT

Brandon08GT forum member

I’m hoping the used ones I just bought look as good as in person as they do in real life.

Gonna send a PM with some questions.

16. b.mad

Thank you! Looking forward to working with you!

17. b.mad

Did you use silicone or at least the stock rubber? What was left open?

18. Wes06

Wes06 forum member

I used rubber butyl from TRS.

The rear i had to have the projector stick out due to how i mounted it, and tried sealing it with some type of tape, but didnt work well.

Ill probably pull them apart at some point and re-do it, just not sure how to securely mount them to the reflector's from the stock housing

19. b.mad

What projector did you use and how was it mounted?

20. Wes06

Wes06 forum member

FX-R 3.0 iirc, 3" lens.

I used threaded rods through the mounting holes, and drilled holes through the reflector's and used nuts on each sides and aimed roughly forward, and wound up about right.

Only thing is the beams cross eachother probably 30 feet infront of the car instead of pointing truely forward, but they at least point forward and semi level :p