05-10 Mustang GT 8.8" Rear with Eaton Detroit TrueTrac

Legend Shaker

forum member
Reaction score
05-10 Mustang GT 8.8" Rear with Eaton Detroit TrueTrac in ATLANTA GA

For Sale: 05-10 Mustang GT 8.8" Rear, narrowed 2-11/16th" (axle flange to axle flange) Comes with an Eaton Detroit TrueTrac Differential, 3.73 ring & pinion gear. Sand blasted and painted flat black. Only ~2000 miles of use. Forgot to mention... these have stock axles in there... I had a set of Moser Engineering forged axles for this, but already sold them, sorry! There is also one tone ring (reluctor ring?) missing.

This was on my Wife's 08 GT. This Mustang had only 4000 miles on it when I sold it back in September, 2016. Paid about $475 for the TrueTrac and $149 for the 3.73 gears. Can't remember what I paid for the Brembo stock diameter rear rotors. Probably around $125, I also have a set of rubber "bumpers" that have been cut that I will throw in.

Asking $600 for the complete rear end, including the Brembo stock sized rotors

Located near Atlanta GA. I would, of course, prefer to sell local to me, but if you want me to slap onto a pallet? I will ship at your expense.

Attachments

• IMG_4609.jpg
    IMG_4609.jpg
    531.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4607.jpg
    IMG_4607.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4606.jpg
    IMG_4606.jpg
    541.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
So how wide of a rear wheel did you run with this setup and what was the offset? I'm thinking it should fit the 10-14 as well unless there's something I'm missing.

Legend Shaker

forum member
Reaction score
So how wide of a rear wheel did you run with this setup and what was the offset? I'm thinking it should fit the 10-14 as well unless there's something I'm missing.

I had a set of 11" wide HRE 947r forged 3pc. billet wheels with a 5" lip. The car that they came off of (SEMA) had a wide body kit on it. I will have to do some research. It was an od ball set up for sure...

my other car, the 05, was not a lot different!... HRE 945r with 4" lip they had a et+33 f /+22 rear offset and 10" wide wheels. That rear was narrowed 3" overall (Axle flange to flange) and had 9" axle tube "ends" (c-clip eliminators).

Totally useless info unless you are want to stuff some HRE's under there... LOL

Last edited:

Legend Shaker

forum member
Reaction score
Interested as well about the offsets

I am not that good at getting offsets perfect for these cars. So really don't want to quote something and be wrong. AND...it's been a few years!

Since this is narrowed only about 2-5/8th" to 2-11/16"?... that's about 1-1/4" on each side.

I got my setup figured out for both cars... and that's all I know! They were 3 piece also, which made it easy.

I would think that a 9" wheel with stock offsets would work just fine. 10" should work also... might be getting close to the shocks.

My 10x22" were set almost 1/2" inside the rear wheel well (on purpose) and I slammed that bitch to the axle, without hitting the shocks or the fenders. Most 10" Saleen rear wheels are right at the outer edge of the fender

Last edited:

Legend Shaker

forum member
Reaction score
found my measurments...

new 8.8 axle flange to axle flange (no brake rotor installed)

65 7/16" from my 08 GT (not saying that all measure exactly that)

narrowed rear at 62 3/4"

Sent to shop for 2.5" narrowed, came back at 3/16" over

Last edited:

Legend Shaker

forum member
Reaction score
Will You sell eaton tru trac only?

Sorry for the late response...

I normally would remove it and ship for you, especially since you have already bought from me! Unfortunately, I do not have the spare time to pull it. I am currently traveling for work and only come home for a few days every few months. And as you can imagine... busy as hell when I return.

At this point... Anybody local to me is more than welcome to make an offer for the TrueTrac and just pick up the rear at my Sons house.

And NO... that person cannot pull the Easton and leave the rear in my Sons garage!

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Considering I need to fix my rear seals and upgrade to a true track and 3.73s.. This would save me a lot of hassle but im unsure of the narrow stance, I've got 10 inchers on the rear.. Going to have to measure and figure out freight.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back