06 GT build thread , Saleen , Coyote

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
How much have you got to drive it? I'd like to know how she feels like the steering and the of course the power. Anything that needs work or you would tell someone before they jump into a project like this? And don't think that I won't be looking for that write up on this "gear-o"

Can't wait to see how the paint comes out after you get it wet sanded and cleaned up. I dig the fender/dash bags by the way.

Like I said before "amazing build" it came out really well and this might be the inspiration I needed to do this swap myself.

:bravo:

Phansm72

forum member
Reaction score
How much have you got to drive it? I'd like to know how she feels like the steering and the of course the power. Anything that needs work or you would tell someone before they jump into a project like this? And don't think that I won't be looking for that write up on this "gear-o"

Can't wait to see how the paint comes out after you get it wet sanded and cleaned up. I dig the fender/dash bags by the way.

Like I said before "amazing build" it came out really well and this might be the inspiration I needed to do this swap myself.

:bravo:

Ive driven it a little , waiting to get it over to the Ford dealer to line it up before I put some serious miles on it , The manual rack steering is heavier in a parking lot but as soon as you're moving it gives you a nice "racecar" feel , I like it! As far as the Cammer tune goes it is a little surgy if puttering along at idle but no different from a "real" cammer car. It takes some getting used to but is WAAAAY worth it in smiles received and given from others :) Power is unbelievable , I haven't gotten on it really hard but she pulls enough to make you giddy , first and second gear is slip and slide. If you have pulled a motor and replaced one then Id say jump in head first. Really the wiring is super easy , nothing to it. Im going to contact John Lund and see if he can totally disable the TCS system so I can get the light off on the dash. I still have to figure out the airbag system on the seats because the 2012 seats fit but aren't airbag system compatible unless you swap out the guts from the 05-09 seats.

Phansm72

forum member
Reaction score
964715_10152402843793289_1526587697_o.jpg

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Ive driven it a little , waiting to get it over to the Ford dealer to line it up before I put some serious miles on it , The manual rack steering is heavier in a parking lot but as soon as you're moving it gives you a nice "racecar" feel , I like it! As far as the Cammer tune goes it is a little surgy if puttering along at idle but no different from a "real" cammer car. It takes some getting used to but is WAAAAY worth it in smiles received and given from others :) Power is unbelievable , I haven't gotten on it really hard but she pulls enough to make you giddy , first and second gear is slip and slide. If you have pulled a motor and replaced one then Id say jump in head first. Really the wiring is super easy , nothing to it. Im going to contact John Lund and see if he can totally disable the TCS system so I can get the light off on the dash. I still have to figure out the airbag system on the seats because the 2012 seats fit but aren't airbag system compatible unless you swap out the guts from the 05-09 seats.

My 67 doesn't have power steering and I know these cars are a bit heaver but I couldn't see it being to much more work. The wiring would be the only thing that would worry me I think. I'll wait tell I see a write up... lol I love how they look in the car and would love to have the power of the new 5.0 and the look of the older S197.

eddieval5

forum member
Reaction score
My 67 doesn't have power steering and I know these cars are a bit heaver but I couldn't see it being to much more work. The wiring would be the only thing that would worry me I think. I'll wait tell I see a write up... lol I love how they look in the car and would love to have the power of the new 5.0 and the look of the older S197.

+1

Exactly my thoughts.

OP Great job on the car she looks perfect

Phansm72

forum member
Reaction score

After an awful experience at a local muffler shop , trying to get my cutouts to fit , I got really pissed and told them to put everything back the way it was (idiots screwed up my x-pipe in the process) The moron had the cutouts sitting 1.5 inches off of the ground. I ordered another x-pipe and did it myself. Im no expert welder but I used the old x-pipe pieces and fabbed up a very well fitting setup. The cutouts are too big to fit any further forward but theres a nice area on either side of the x-pipe for them to fit. Ill snap some under car pics. they work like a champ.

579179_10152450613553289_1990527003_n.jpg

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
sorry to hear that the muffler shop F'ed your shit up.

try to get some video of the new set up when you get chance.

I wanted to give a shout out to Lito for his putting up with my quizzing questions and the help he has provided !

Yeah his build was nice!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back