TR3650 Impossible to find shifter hardware

Bodvar

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm swapping my auto 05 over to a manual. Everything is going fine so far with the limited time I have to work on it. I'm almost done with it, but I'm missing some parts for the shifter assembly for the TR3650. This being the bracket that holds the shifter to the body as well as the bolts. Does anyone know the bolt sizes that I need or do you have alternatives to the bracket that works? Even better, who has parts that I can buy from you?

rocknrod

Reaction score
Wow that's a tough one. Probably a pick-n-pull would be your best bet on the bracket.
I "think" your asking about the bracket to the rear of the lever assy.
gearshift.jpg

Bodvar

Reaction score
Ya that's what I need. Problem is, I can't find it in a pick your part place either.

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
I can dig in the garage and see if I still have mine, not sure if I have the bolts, but rocknrod posted the part numbers

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
This is what I've got, I'm afraid the other hardware might have gone the way of the stock transmission

PXL_20240512_220233039.MP.jpg

PXL_20240512_220230157.MP.jpg

Bodvar

Reaction score
Pin and bolt?

I still have the nuts that came off mine when I had the MGW shifter fitted

View attachment 96450
Ya I think there's supposed to be a bolt and pin that go in but since i took out an auto im going off of pictures. I think the nuts that held the auto shifter in will work, but if you want to sell me the bracket ill send you some money for it.

saleen836

forum member
Reaction score
Ya I think there's supposed to be a bolt and pin that go in but since i took out an auto im going off of pictures. I think the nuts that held the auto shifter in will work, but if you want to sell me the bracket ill send you some money for it.
You might be better asking

cavero

if you can buy theirs as I am across the pond in the UK so shipping might make it costly, no problem letting mine go if you get stuck though

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah if you can circle on that diagram what pin and bolts you're talking about, that might help. The only hardware I have is what's in the picture though. If you can find the thread size/pitch on the nuts, you can probably find what you need at the auto parts or hardware store too.

Bodvar

Reaction score
Yeah if you can circle on that diagram what pin and bolts you're talking about, that might help. The only hardware I have is what's in the picture though. If you can find the thread size/pitch on the nuts, you can probably find what you need at the auto parts or hardware store too.
They're numbered 3 and 4 on the diagram.

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah looks like #3 is what I've got in the picture w/ the plastic bushings. I don't think I have #4 though

-edit- but why does the parts diagram make #3 look vertical...

Last edited:

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
Ok I think I got it now, this'd be so much easier if I could crawl under a car and look. Found some pics on eBay that show how it attaches. #3 on the diagram (vertical bolt) definitely went for scrap with my transmission, along with the square block it threads into. My shifter still has the bolt that threads into the block from the side.
1000010084.jpg1000010083.jpg1000010082.jpg
I found another parts diagram with actual call outs for part numbers though.

1000010085.jpg

Bodvar

Reaction score
Ok I think I got it now, this'd be so much easier if I could crawl under a car and look. Found some pics on eBay that show how it attaches. #3 on the diagram (vertical bolt) definitely went for scrap with my transmission, along with the square block it threads into. My shifter still has the bolt that threads into the block from the side.
View attachment 96543View attachment 96544View attachment 96545
I found another parts diagram with actual call outs for part numbers though.

View attachment 96546
I'm not looking at the transmission now so I'm not sure if I need that block too... yikes it seems like people really don't care to keep these parts. How much for what you do have?

Jwood562

Reaction score
I am doing a MGW shifter install soon, you are welcome to any parts that come off my factory 08 GT. I am not sure if they are what you are needing but let me know

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not looking at the transmission now so I'm not sure if I need that block too... yikes it seems like people really don't care to keep these parts. How much for what you do have?
For the bracket and all the bolts I have? $20 + shipping. I'll throw in the whole shifter w/ the urethane bushings if you want

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back