07-10 water crossover

Alex123

Reaction score
i do have a crossover though if youre still content on changing it
Unfortunately just talked to Kenne bell and they advised me the newer crossover will not fit with the supercharger manifold. I appreciate it

Alex123

Reaction score
Yep, sounds like a fan issue if it is only happening at idle. It may be a flow problem too but check if your fans are coming on properly. If it is a flow problem that leads me back to the electric pump. It runs at full speed when your at idle. I've seen my temp gauge go down while sitting at idle in the staging lanes. I can't say enough about how well electric pumps work over mechanical. I've switched to electrical on every build I have ever done.
I’m going to swap the tstat to a 160f seems like the tstat isn’t getting to operating temps. Possibly because the bigger radiator? If not a electric water pump sure sounds nice.

Alex123

Reaction score
Only other guy I can think of with the iron block was BruceH. But I don't remember what year his car was. But I'd still blame the block last. If it was a problem a lot of other engine swaps would be having overheating problems.

Also, what are we considering overheating? What temp thermostat is being used? People tend to forget the newer cars run hotter.
Only overheats when it is sitting idle for about 10 minutes. If holding at 2K RPMs the temperature will come back down. Tstat is 190f which seems like it can possibly be the issue. The tstat doesn’t seem to be opening for long enough or frequently enough. It seems like the coolant hitting the tstat hot enough. I’m going to try a 160f tstat see if that possible Allows it to flow better.

Alex123

Reaction score
What temp thermostat are you currently running? What temp is the engine reaching when you say its overheating?
190f tstat. I don’t have an exact number but it reaches up to 3/4 of the gauge maybe a little more. Then I read the RPMs to bring it back to temperature

Alex123

Reaction score
Yep, sounds like a fan issue if it is only happening at idle. It may be a flow problem too but check if your fans are coming on properly. If it is a flow problem that leads me back to the electric pump. It runs at full speed when your at idle. I've seen my temp gauge go down while sitting at idle in the staging lanes. I can't say enough about how well electric pumps work over mechanical. I've switched to electrical on every build I have ever done.
I will definitely check it out. If that’s not the issue might be trying out an electrical pump

Alex123

Reaction score
Changed to a 160f tstat and solved my overheating issues.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Looks like your old t'stat wasn't opening fully. If you haven't already thrown it away, try testing it in a pan of boiling water.

Anti

forum member
Reaction score
Knew it wasn't a fan issue, or else revving at idle would not cool it down because there would be no cooler water to bring through. Good find on thermostat.

07 Boss

Reaction score
And just to throw this out there in case someone looks up this thread, I did happen to find my old stock crossover and thermostat housing if someone down the road needs it.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Sprayed a little engine cleaner on there and they look pretty good. As soon as I find a box I‘ll get em in the mail.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Sprayed a little engine cleaner on there and they look pretty good. As soon as I find a box I‘ll get em in the mail.

It's mine. I've made a $50 as you requested to Network For Good.

ORIGINAL TO ADDRESS: [email protected]

Dear DINO,

On behalf of your favorite charities and GuideStar, we thank you for your generous support!

Your donation is being made to Network for Good, a nonprofit, donor advised fund (tax ID 68-0480736), which processes donations made through GuideStar and distributes them to your chosen charity(ies). Depending on your method of payment, your credit card statement will show 'Network for Good' or the charity(ies) to which you donated. All donations are final and may not be refunded. Details of your donation are listed in the Donation Record below.

Thank you again for visiting Network for Good!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
DONATION RECORD

Your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. You may save or print this receipt for your records. This email certifies that you have made this donation as a charitable contribution and you are not receiving any goods or services in return. This receipt may be useful to you when completing your tax return.

Name: DINO SAVVA

Address: NIC 23284, 18221 150th Avenue

City: Springfield Gardens

State/Province: NY

Zip/Postal Code: 11413

E-mail: [email protected]

Total Donation Amount: $50.00

Method of Payment: Visa

Name on Credit Card: DINO SAVVA

Credit Card Last 4 Digits: ****

Date: 02/27/2020

Time: 12:04:14 PM

Organization: Folds of Honor Foundation

Donation Amount: $50

07 Boss

Reaction score
I got it to ups this afternoon. They said about a week. Tracking # is in your PMs.

Chanbranman

Reaction score
I really need one of the 07-10 thermostat housings if anyone still has one, thanks.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back