07 S197 Coyote swap

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Well I used Florida 50 guages and to me it was pretty easy, we'll to me anyway. I don't know if it will be the same ppl on here make it seem pretty difficult. Gt500 swap does also sound nice I want a fast daily driver. So accessories and amenities are a must. A/c p/s. So I'm stuck your build thread seems cool I love your car. And I'm a turbo man so if I did gt500 I would look into a turbo set up. What do you think?

Thanks. I like the 5.0 swap but I like plug and play and wanted everything to work as it should from the factory.

I'm a PD guy and turbo plumbing isn't something I want to mess with.

Less than 10k for a Aluminator 5.0 ready for boost!

Then you gotta add engine control pack, steering wheel hydraulic pump, ac compressor, fabbing an exhaust setup and then time and effort to wire it together.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
So building up a 5.4 to swap would be cheaper?

only asking because I have been looking at this for about a year now and can't figure out what to put in my old girl.

dream07

forum member
Reaction score

Deez-67, the 5.4 3v swap is a slam dunk. You get a 5.4, you get GT500 motor mount ears and a tune. The DOHC requires a GT500 mount ears, computer and engine wire harness, some A/C lines and done. I love my 5.4 DOHC, it's in the thread in this section

ChrisGT

Nice Shirt Bilkins
Reaction score
I want to do this so bad. Totalled coyotes are getting pretty cheap these days. I'd love to pick up a 2013 and swap literally everything over.

warpath06

Reaction score
Power by The Hour sells a complete accessory drive kit now for Coyote/S197 swaps. Reuse your 3V a/c compressor, hydraulic steering pump and alternator. Combine with a salvage take-out motor and harness for the cheapest route.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
Power by The Hour sells a complete accessory drive kit now for Coyote/S197 swaps. Reuse your 3V a/c compressor, hydraulic steering pump and alternator. Combine with a salvage take-out motor and harness for the cheapest route.

says newer timing cover is needed but doesn't specify what timing cover? i didnt know there were different timing covers for the coyote either

just realized necro posted sorry

lito

forum member
Reaction score
00e415af24d7515df265662e76be8cd1.jpg

Third stage coming up tomorrow, SC aluminator, boss 302 heads, FRPP exhaust cams, CJ TB, JLT CF CAI and more boost!

MGT2009

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know if I could do that swap to a gt500...

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Do you think you might be able to put together a pinout for the wiring Manuel?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry but no, but if you are not afraid of wires, getting both manuals and solving each connection at a time could be done, is not that complicated. We only used one extra relay for the A/C, all the fuses and relays on the stock BEC kept their function.

JeffS197

forum member
Reaction score
New numbers
464acc1f216affaa74a6145220a7f51e.jpg

wow.

I was behind a newer black 5.0 with a license plate holder that read 650HP yesterday.

I was just thinking yaaaa right buddy its probably stock or something..

then I though hmmmm..
those tires too look quite a bit wider than mine..

I guess he saw me chuckle at first in his rear view or something because when the light turned green he took off so hard that every driver of every car within earshot literally stopped in amazement and watched as he went through 1-4 and then got on the highway. Never seen so many jaws drop at once. Traffic completely stop as people watched it was that good.

All I can say is that I was speechless.

Then I come to this thread and see your dyno numbers and I cant help but think how much fun you must be having.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
Bringing this up from the dead as I'm considering this swap. The car is basically a drag car that gets street time now and then. I haven't used the air in years and I already have a power steering bypass belt on it so that wouldn't need to be worked out. The only gauges I care about working are fuel level and tach and I'm not against an after market tach. How much would work would that swap be?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
That would work without issues. Basically the wiring is time consuming.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

jolambright

forum member
Reaction score
Just basically find a donor car that was rear ended, purchase anything that is damaged or not working. Modify some of the wiring to work and have some fun.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back