07 S197 Coyote swap

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well done Litto, the main thing keeping guys from doing this swap is the wiring problems. Now that you have that all figured out you should make up some plug and play harnesses for the swap and offer them for sale. I would imagine you could sell a lot of them.

Earl

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on getting this all set and done! I am sure it was a lot of hard work and trial and error but you and the people in the shop did a great job on getting this done!

When I was thinking of doing this, I was thinking the best way to do this was to just buy a wrecked car and than swapping everything out including the interior. I would imagine that if you had to have a DD where everything worked like it should this would be the easiest path to take.

lito

forum member
Reaction score

Thank you!

well done my friend

Thank you Suhail, I will show this thread to Antonio which did most of the install.

Looks easy when you put in on video. Hahaha

I should do one of those. Mine would have a couple of smokey and oily pics in the middle though.

Looking good!

Lol, thankfully, no oil and no smoke in this one!

Awesome!!!

Thanks for using our parts for this build good sir.

Any plans on tracking it?

Thank you for standing behind your product, your people sent the wrong A-Arms initially and promptly corrected it sending the right ones.

Well done Litto, the main thing keeping guys from doing this swap is the wiring problems. Now that you have that all figured out you should make up some plug and play harnesses for the swap and offer them for sale. I would imagine you could sell a lot of them.

Earl

I don't think a plug and play harness would do, I would not trust that, sincerely is not that complicated the thing is to find someone that is not afraid of wires. That, some tips and some patience will get it done.

Congrats on getting this all set and done! I am sure it was a lot of hard work and trial and error but you and the people in the shop did a great job on getting this done!

When I was thinking of doing this, I was thinking the best way to do this was to just buy a wrecked car and than swapping everything out including the interior. I would imagine that if you had to have a DD where everything worked like it should this would be the easiest path to take.

It can be done the other way, just need someone that is not afraid of wires and a couple of tips here and there, nothing crazy.

snakebit05

forum member
Reaction score
that it is kind of encouraging :) hmm now to only not be afaird of all the wiring

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding the justification of spending that much time and money for this swap (albeit a badass swap) after weighing the cost of upgrading the 3v to make similar power.

I realize the 5.0 has more POTENTIAL, but IMO spending less time and money to just upgrade the 3v will suffice for 95% of even the power-crazed maniacs around here :D

lito

forum member
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding the justification of spending that much time and money for this swap (albeit a badass swap) after weighing the cost of upgrading the 3v to make similar power.

I realize the 5.0 has more POTENTIAL, but IMO spending less time and money to just upgrade the 3v will suffice for 95% of even the power-crazed maniacs around here :D

You are correct, if you add what this cost it does not make economic sense, actually customer came to us by recommendation as we would be the only ones that could setup something like this correctly, he already got the engine by then so we setup everything and then one thing let to another and this is the final product. It doesn't make much sense but the result is really good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
You are correct, if you add what this cost it does not make economic sense, actually customer came to us by recommendation as we would be the only ones that could setup something like this correctly, he already got the engine by then so we setup everything and then one thing let to another and this is the final product. It doesn't make much sense but the result is really good.

:beer:

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score

X2... Besides the cool factor and yes there is a lot of potential but just not worth it to most of us. Unless you got the $.

Not to take way from this amazing build.

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That video is awesome. I was looking for the slow motion button.
Of course my mind started wondering about putting a 5.0 in my car. Lol

Very clean work and shops there!!
Great work buddy!!

46foxcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
sorry, i know i'm way late to the party, but I am picking up an 05 roush roller today and considering the swap. i already have a motor.

lito, do you know what would prevent you from locking out the tivct on the coyote, running aftermarket cams, and using the 4.6 3v pcm and harnesses with a custom tune? that's the way you do a 3-valve in an sn car.

awesome build, and congrats on the result!

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Hi, you would need to machine your own set of cam reluctors for it to work with the powerpc, other than that, don't see an issue. Probably can get away with doing just one and do some changes in the tune but this is only a supposition (which I could test in my car BTW....:idea:), would love to tune something like that and see what happens.

46foxcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Other option we've considered is running both pcms. The stand alone control pack for the coyote plus the factory 3v PCM for the gauges and accessories. The 3v PCM would just be served power and the signals from the coyote that are needed to run gauges ac and other nannys.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
No need. We used only the coyote pcm, we have gauges, ac, abs, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
I know someone who I believe could do it successfully. ... heres a hint: He doesnt live in the United States and he's the man at tuning 3 valves...:D LOL

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back