08gtlarscar Build Progress

08gtlarscar

forum member
Reaction score
I have the Iat sensor run but not mounted correctly (temp zip tied next to batt ), boost gauge ran and installed and gt 500 fuel pump pwr wire run to the dist box for future mods as I like to only tear apart once.

For that center gauge pod ( SOS ) there is very limited room to run the wiring to the gauges as the hvac venting is very close to the dash, i used a 90 deg hole saw and fished the wires with a bolt install fishing wire from a trailer hitch kit I had installed on the wifes edge.

Wife is sending a video/audio clip today of the car at idle, she fucked up the 1st one as it was 1 second long.

I am hoping to make the cars and coffee meet in vegas next month once suspension installs are completed.

I have llimited home time and installs are priority.

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Hey 08gtlarscar, I would recommend the intercooling for sure. I live in florida and it gets hot as hell here also. My friend has a nonintercooled 3v and 2v. Both the IAT's are terrible and pulls lots of timing on our scortching days. We added snow kits to both and much better. But CX racing makes a bolt in kit for like $500. Just need to drop to about a 3.33" pulley to compensate for the boost loss from the intercooler. I'm saving for the v3 kit from auto mafia racing and will just run as is. with the 3.6" pulley. Will net just under 500rwhp.

08gtlarscar

forum member
Reaction score
Hey 08gtlarscar, I would recommend the intercooling for sure. I live in florida and it gets hot as hell here also. My friend has a nonintercooled 3v and 2v. Both the IAT's are terrible and pulls lots of timing on our scortching days. We added snow kits to both and much better. But CX racing makes a bolt in kit for like $500. Just need to drop to about a 3.33" pulley to compensate for the boost loss from the intercooler. I'm saving for the v3 kit from auto mafia racing and will just run as is. with the 3.6" pulley. Will net just under 500rwhp.

I had originally decided on intercooling but then because of the non-forging of the bottom end have been swaying back and forth as I would detune to keep it at a reasonable hp/trq.

MAYBE I just need to bite the bullet and forge the rods/pistons and get the most out of the centri.

End game is a paxton but I know the limits of not forging vs forged.

I just moved from TN to Vegas, I need to get out and mingle here, I just have such limited time at home and a lot has been on my plate as far as mods.

Getting what has been stockpiled installed next month then I have some time to decide which route I will go with the paxton.

Forging opens up options, I just need to decide this year before I centri it. Either way my build plan stays the same, just how I want it tuned would change.

This board has a lot of good info, I read a lot but dont post much. Im not really into the social media thing.

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
I had originally decided on intercooling but then because of the non-forging of the bottom end have been swaying back and forth as I would detune to keep it at a reasonable hp/trq.

MAYBE I just need to bite the bullet and forge the rods/pistons and get the most out of the centri.

End game is a paxton but I know the limits of not forging vs forged.

I just moved from TN to Vegas, I need to get out and mingle here, I just have such limited time at home and a lot has been on my plate as far as mods.

Getting what has been stockpiled installed next month then I have some time to decide which route I will go with the paxton.

Forging opens up options, I just need to decide this year before I centri it. Either way my build plan stays the same, just how I want it tuned would change.

This board has a lot of good info, I read a lot but dont post much. Im not really into the social media thing.
Yeah I agree. Lito tunes me and I am going to do a soft tune on 93 then I'll have him do his best 87 octane tune for the hurricane times. But on any centri out of the box intercooled can do anything from 430ish to 480ish and the tq will be around 400-440ish depending on tune. My goal on SBE is what Lito is comfortable with doing on a v3 intercooled set up. Goal like 450-470rwhp and will be about 420-430rwtq. Will be plenty for me now and will be able to pusj me 11s in the 1/4 which is my overall goal. Car is a daily so I dont need more power than that anyways. I do plan on forged pistons and either boss rods, MR I beams, or if I want to drop the coin on molnars with stock crank. End goal is really a v3 maxed. If I want more I will just swap to a novi 1500 or 2200. but I will have more than enough from a v3 maxed out.

08gtlarscar

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe you said it and I missed it, but what hood is that? I need it in my life. Car looks amazing!

Thanks !

3" Kaenen cowl hood, does have some blindspots on the passenger fender/bumper area but nothing I cant live with.
It was one of my more difficult decisions as there are many options but I am 100% happy with it.

Not happy with the shop in TN that painted it but I will be having it repainted by Exclusive Customs here in Las Vegas.
They painted my side mirror covers (also modded 2012 style with blindspot mirror and sharkeys puddle lamps) as well as my Ford CS side scoops.
Here is a few pics:
Q9Y9H5E.jpg
xe3Z9iq.jpg
RLFSQws.jpg
lWiAQOo.jpg

I modded the passenger seat and that is a power pan unit from a 2012 which allows better viewing for the wife (shes 5' 2" ). Wiring is NOT plug n play as pins on plug are different and no power runs to it on my 08.

I have made many changes to this car. All interior ights are modded as well as the lumbar switch which is also lighted now ( all in blue sans overhead light ).You can see some of the lighting in the pics.

08gtlarscar

forum member
Reaction score
Some more night time pics of the interior
7bOmcaJ.jpg
p5UeHZn.jpg

Lumbar switch is now lighted
qYEQYRh.jpg
zqQv1GW.jpg
s2VcQLr.jpg
Zfmoigx.jpg
gEjvV0O.jpg

Message center also blue with lighting gel, window is tinted from factory, I used nail polish remover and then buffed it out before applying two layers of blue lighting gel to get the right color match.
jksr58m.jpg

Dimmer on brightest position.

Green window on radio was swapped out also with blue matching plastic beveled like the original (tap plastics is where I sourced it from)
yvsRWKy.jpg

Gauges are wired seperately from the dash lights as they are daisy chained to a dedicated dimmer module. I prefer to have them independent from the dash dimmer.

Last edited:

08gtlarscar

forum member
Reaction score
The color blue I selected is a perfect color match for the dash and ambient lighting, this was sourced from kingbright.

I also upgraded to a NOS dimming rear view mirror w/compass. The lighting I have NOT swapped yet and shows green. I need to disassemble the mirror and see what needs to be sourced for the blue lights.

I am not sure what the later year 10+ use for dimming rearview mirror w/compass ( if they are green or blue when lit ) I didnt even think about the color before purchasing the one I have. It will get changed either way as it is on my to do list.

08gtlarscar

forum member
Reaction score
I will post some slips from the track once I hit open session in the next coming months.

The Pilot SS arent going to help but I have no drag rims/slicks in my aresenal ...YET. Just want to get a feel where I will be at after all the mods.

Its been years since Ive been down the 1/4 but practice will get my rusty self back in the game.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
I saw you mention a Ford racing driveshaft? Could you link me to this?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice ride man. Can't wait to put cams in mine. Sounds good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

08gtlarscar

forum member
Reaction score
Just purchased the cat back flowmaster outlaws as a test as I will be using the catback pipes to eliminate the stamped down OEM pipe that is currently installed.

I like the 40 series but wanted to see how the outlaws sound with my setup, its going to be LOUD I know, I actually like it loud but I like a refined sound...will see in two weeks which one I am going to keep.

I will post up a vid with the series 40s with new flowmaster cat pipe then the outlaws installed for a comparo.

Lots of suspension mods/watts link installs also..pics will follow

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Just purchased the cat back flowmaster outlaws as a test as I will be using the catback pipes to eliminate the stamped down OEM pipe that is currently installed.

I like the 40 series but wanted to see how the outlaws sound with my setup, its going to be LOUD I know, I actually like it loud but I like a refined sound...will see in two weeks which one I am going to keep.

I will post up a vid with the series 40s with new flowmaster cat pipe then the outlaws installed for a comparo.

Lots of suspension mods/watts link installs also..pics will follow
Whats you full exhaust set up? I think you'd really like mine.

08gtlarscar

forum member
Reaction score
Whats you full exhaust set up? I think you'd really like mine.

Intake to exhaust:

Jlt series 3 thru stock tb/intake.steeda cmdp,brenspeed detriot rocker cams all else stock atm thru kooks lt 1 5/8 headers w offroad h pipe,stock catback pipe thru welded on 40 series flowmasters

I like the old 5.0 fox body mustangs with series 40s, they sound sweet imo

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Intake to exhaust:

Jlt series 3 thru stock tb/intake.steeda cmdp,brenspeed detriot rocker cams all else stock atm thru kooks lt 1 5/8 headers w offroad h pipe,stock catback pipe thru welded on 40 series flowmasters

I like the old 5.0 fox body mustangs with series 40s, they sound sweet imo
Well we have very similar set ups. Yes, those sound so good with the 40 series as well as the 4.6 4v cobras.

Back