1.27 '60 and still having suspension bugs!

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have added the shocks, struts, and ET Front runners. Greg jumped behind the wheel and made 2 hits. First one we didn't get video and thought it just spun. Second run after seeing the video in normal motion looks like Greg being 60# lighter affected the anti roll bar setting and pulled left. After looking at the video in slow motion not sure. You can see the car start going left on the back tires right before the camera flash.

Ideas or suggestions? Going to put the car on the rack sometime this week and look things over.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
I would start by checking the wheel base on both sides of the car. If it's off, square it up. Check all of the bushings and rod ends in the rear suspension. You want to make sure that the wheel base isn't getting shorter on one side of the car under load. It doesn't take much slop to get rear steer. If everything checks out, you can play with the instant center and bar preload. I will assume that the car has a spool in it.

GT.350-R

3PEDLS
Reaction score
With it starting to pull left ,while just the back tires are touching the ground. I would say it's in the preload, or the track wasn't working.

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Defiantly check to make sure it's perfectly square since it looks like the ass moved an inch or two too the right, loading up the suspension then making the car go left.

I'm sure you checked tire rollout but figured it should still be brought up.

Blackblurr2007

forum member
Reaction score
Video it from the rear and try it again. Sounds and looks like the track sucked.. When did it go 1.27 60ft? That day or other conditions?

Wicked97

forum member
Reaction score
Few Questions..

How many times did it go left?
Have you squared up the rear?
Have you Checked the roll out on the rear tires?

Does the rear have solid lowers?

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
lol, sorry about the delay, metco sent me some delrin bushings, i guess i had their poly ones, will give them a shot, we adjeusted rear end and arb already, havent had a chance to go test again. if things dont work, ill send the car to a chassis shop i talked too, and get them to make some custom contol arms and probably a wishbone too, scale car and check everything out.

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Let me know next time you go out. I going to go also. I was going to go today but obviously didn't because of rain.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^^^yeah, what he said. I am going back out this Thursday. Weather should be good.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
not this thurs! hear too many horror stories regarding the prep for the last weeks, probably because of the rain!

Should be back racing nxt month!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, two weeks ago when I went---when the cars were sitting in the staging lanes (around 830 pm) the dew was thick enough where the cars were wet on top. I will be looking at that this Thursday. I figure if I run at 6pm then 730 it shouldn't be a problem, but I will be watching the dew point.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Still a 1.28.....just missed a 1.27 but didn't get it.

Next Irwindale race is Jan 10th.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back