11:1 compression and mutha thumper cams

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just make sure the tuner starts conservative with the timing and work carefully up.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Run E85 and you can have just about as much timing as you want in it. Otherwise, a conservative tune and a 100 shot should make some nice numbers!

mr_exon

Reaction score
Mother thumper cams are only good for cars and coffee, they are not race cams and when that phaser limiter fails, you loose the whole engine! Get rid of them and go with comp2 cams

mr_exon

Reaction score
Don't juice while running these cams!!!!!!!! You going to have a bad day! The intake side is not that big and it's all exhaust lobe....

If you do not listen, please post pics of the aftermath

Kalatrax

forum member
Reaction score
Mother thumper cams are only good for cars and coffee, they are not race cams and when that phaser limiter fails, you loose the whole engine! Get rid of them and go with comp2 cams

What are you talking about? My car made great gains and held the power band longer with mutha thumprs. Also, please explain how a phaser limiter would fail.

Don't juice while running these cams!!!!!!!! You going to have a bad day! The intake side is not that big and it's all exhaust lobe....

Once again, wtf are you saying? Mutha thumprs would do awesome with nitrous. I am also unsure of what "comp2" cams are but I am assuming you are running the stage 2 xfi cams? If so the mutha thumprs have more duration on both intake and exhaust.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

What was your experience with them? Who did the tune and what were the cams icl? Also how much were they retarded at higher loads, or were they locked out?

07 Boss

Reaction score
What are you talking about? My car made great gains and held the power band longer with mutha thumprs. Also, please explain how a phaser limiter would fail.

Once again, wtf are you saying? Mutha thumprs would do awesome with nitrous. I am also unsure of what "comp2" cams are but I am assuming you are running the stage 2 xfi cams? If so the mutha thumprs have more duration on both intake and exhaust.

Your power band actually gets narrower. It might peak higher but it is going to be a steeper narrower power curve.

The longer duration would be fine if the LSA was larger instead of having all of that stupid overlap.

Kalatrax

forum member
Reaction score
Your power band actually gets narrower. It might peak higher but it is going to be a steeper narrower power curve.

The longer duration would be fine if the LSA was larger instead of having all of that stupid overlap.

This is before and after cams and longtubes. I don't see any narrowing of the power band. Just more up top and for longer.

stock%20vs%20cams_zpsuq6tdeof.png

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score

:goofy_batman:

:suicide:

Are you for real with all this? Cars & Coffee? Hell yeah those cams are gonna turn heads at cars & coffee! I know mine did! I also know mine laid down 360whp & 320wtq. Not bad for a NSR coffee cam!? Also ran a 75 and 100 shot of jeeeeeeewwwwwwce! "(Juice)" Synonym; Nitrous. The 75 shot put me at 400/400, the 100 shot gave me 440/430. I preferred the 75 shot because I could spray forever, the bottle took forever to run down. Seemed like the 100 shot drained it twice as fast, but that torque hit tho.

Aien't gonna lie, those cams thump so hard you would think those phasers are just getting pounded like Taylor Swift at a german frat party.

The aftermath of running those cams with spray for 5 years? Addiction to more power! (This is the same motor that ran the 127020 cams for 5 years, with spray. Now on 7psi.)

20140604_041356_zps1402d419.jpg

The powerband would narrow if the VCT was in a locked position. With 20 degree limiters, you're only ensuring that cams can't swing full retard under shock load (such as dumping the clutch from 6k/rpm on a 2step whilst running slicks). These cams will open up to around 6400rpm w/stock intake mani. 6700rpm w/FRPP. NA cams are designed to breathe up top, the magic in these cams doesn't come out 'til about 4k/rpm. More rpm is more HP, IF you can move the air. Tight LSA's are great for NA, because it uses the open exhaust valve to sustain air velocity. Some tuners don't like the tight LSA's because there is more fresh air in the exhaust, and it dicks with wideband readings. If your tuner bitches about it... he is not a jedi yet...

Roush fun

forum member
Reaction score
:goofy_batman:

:suicide:

Are you for real with all this? Cars & Coffee? Hell yeah those cams are gonna turn heads at cars & coffee! I know mine did! I also know mine laid down 360whp & 320wtq. Not bad for a NSR coffee cam!? Also ran a 75 and 100 shot of jeeeeeeewwwwwwce! "(Juice)" Synonym; Nitrous. The 75 shot put me at 400/400, the 100 shot gave me 440/430. I preferred the 75 shot because I could spray forever, the bottle took forever to run down. Seemed like the 100 shot drained it twice as fast, but that torque hit tho.

Aien't gonna lie, those cams thump so hard you would think those phasers are just getting pounded like Taylor Swift at a german frat party.

The aftermath of running those cams with spray for 5 years? Addiction to more power! (This is the same motor that ran the 127020 cams for 5 years, with spray. Now on 7psi.)

20140604_041356_zps1402d419.jpg

The powerband would narrow if the VCT was in a locked position. With 20 degree limiters, you're only ensuring that cams can't swing full retard under shock load (such as dumping the clutch from 6k/rpm on a 2step whilst running slicks). These cams will open up to around 6400rpm w/stock intake mani. 6700rpm w/FRPP. NA cams are designed to breathe up top, the magic in these cams doesn't come out 'til about 4k/rpm. More rpm is more HP, IF you can move the air. Tight LSA's are great for NA, because it uses the open exhaust valve to sustain air velocity. Some tuners don't like the tight LSA's because there is more fresh air in the exhaust, and it dicks with wideband readings. If your tuner bitches about it... he is not a jedi yet...

Glad to hear this, Im not sure who im having tune it yet, the cams should he here tuesday if i didnt mention that already!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back