11 second n/a 3vs

radmustangs

forum member
Reaction score
thanks i found it. Should have looked there first, i found the thread but didnt see the thread with the actuall list the first time.

Good stuff.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Kick Ass!!!

Man, I hope you are comming to the shootout! I would love to have a few 11 sec NA cars there.

You say fully dressed. What was/is your weight with driver?

I ask because if you roll heavy, maybe I do have a chance. With my current setup I am at 3975. I want to do some weight savings like a AL DS and 15" drag wheels, but I don't see me getting down any lower than 3825 with those mods. I doubt I'll get in the 11's NA with my weight.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
If anyone has the stock mufflers, ditch them !! they´re heavy shit!

radmustangs

forum member
Reaction score
Kick Ass!!!

Man, I hope you are comming to the shootout! I would love to have a few 11 sec NA cars there.

I ask because if you roll heavy, maybe I do have a chance. With my current setup I am at 3975. I want to do some weight savings like a AL DS and 15" drag wheels, but I don't see me getting down any lower than 3825 with those mods. I doubt I'll get in the 11's NA with my weight.

Car made 409 at one point with JPC intake. Right now the stock intake is on it, basically it ran at about a 380/358 set up.

Weight with me in the car was 3625. 3975? that is really heavy for a 3v?

The mods on my site are not really accurate right now.

Here it is for the runs

127500 cams
livernois stage II heads
steeda cai and carbon fiber inlet
steeda race delete plates
Kooks catted x pipe kooks cat back
bmr tubular K member
bmr race a arms'
bmr billet LCA
bmr relo brackets
metco UCA
bmr panhard bar
stock sway bars, and the front sway bar was on the car
4.10s, stock LSD
I short belted it at the track and skipped the power streering
bogarts on the front borrowed from JPC
stock 17 inch bullits on the back with 275/40/17 mickey drag radials
Spec stage I clutch (not recomended)
frpp lowering springs
bilstein dampers

Stock flywheel
Stock driveshaft
Stock pulleys, my mod list says steeda underdrive pulleys but they are not on the car right now.
Stock TB
Stock Manifold
stock 5 speed

Car is a 2007 gt premuim package, heated leather seats, side airbags, back seat is in the car, front seats in the car, floor mats in the car, ac/dc in the shaker 500. I did remove the spare. fuel was about a 1/3 of a tank.

Car was running on 93 octane.

Justin Burcham drove the car with him in it in weighed in at 3550 and i drove it.

My personal best run of the day
60 1.711
330 4.920
1/8 7.610
mph 91.89
1000 9.931
1/4 11.88
mph 115.47

quickest run of the day with Justin Burcham driving. The car with justin in it weighed 3550 on the scales.

60 ft 1.704
330 4.902
1/8 7.551
mph 92.68
1000 9.839
1/4 11.785
mph 115.84

Fastest run of the day again with JB Driving
60 1.702
330 4.906
1/8 7.570
mph 92.31
1000 9.863
1/4 11.795
mph 116.91

The JPC intake is going back on the car soon with some 39lb injectors, the fuel system is stock right now. Plus probably a tb, my underdrive pulleys and a one peice drivshaft is going back on the car.

Last edited:

radmustangs

forum member
Reaction score
Kick Ass!!!

To answer you more specifically that weight seems high. And yes i hope to be at the meet you are having.

The bmr k member and a arms drop i think 31? The rims, are ridiculously heavy on this car, i realized that as i lifted those skinny bogarts to put them on the front, they feel like they weigh no more then 15lbs a peice, maybe 20? i dont know but the stock 17s with pirellis weigh 46. its at least 50 to 60lbs right there. imagine some light rims on the back. really i dont have that much weight savings on the car, the door sticker on my car says 3523 curb weight, i figure with the k member a arms, exhuasts and those rims on the front i must have shaved about 100lbs? I guess that would add up about right to put it at 3675 with me in it, I weigh 215.

Last edited:

DKO

Shut up and die!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow that's insane! That's faster than even a few blower cars are running! Imagine what you'd do with an auto, tc, and the other mods you listed! The gears aren't even that crazy... Jeez it seems like with some other things you could shave off at least another half second.

radmustangs

forum member
Reaction score
Wow that's insane! That's faster than even a few blower cars are running! Imagine what you'd do with an auto, tc, and the other mods you listed! The gears aren't even that crazy... Jeez it seems like with some other things you could shave off at least another half second.

Auto? :handjob: No i like to actually drive the car. LOL. Kidding (not really)

Yea it was some good stuff. I'm not done yet.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
... Weight with me in the car was 3625. 3975? that is really heavy for a 3v? ...

To answer you more specifically that weight seems high. And yes i hope to be at the meet you are having.

The bmr k member and a arms drop i think 31? The rims, are ridiculously heavy on this car, i realized that as i lifted those skinny bogarts to put them on the front, they feel like they weigh no more then 15lbs a peice, maybe 20? i dont know but the stock 17s with pirellis weigh 46. its at least 50 to 60lbs right there. imagine some light rims on the back. really i dont have that much weight savings on the car, the door sticker on my car says 3523 curb weight, i figure with the k member a arms, exhuasts and those rims on the front i must have shaved about 100lbs? I guess that would add up about right to put it at 3675 with me in it, I weigh 215.

That's cool. I appreciate the info. Those other items may be something I look into to help get the weight down.

Going by the scales at MIR, my car empty (with 1/4 tank of fuel) is 3600 to the pound. I'm 6'2" and weigh 375 lbs, so unless I lose 175 lbs, i'm pretty much screwed... I'd love to drop the weight too, but having a respiratory disability is making it so I cannot exersize at all.

DKO

Shut up and die!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Auto? :handjob: No i like to actually drive the car. LOL. Kidding (not really)

Yea it was some good stuff. I'm not done yet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a stick guy too. I prefer to select my own gear. I was simply pointing out what it COULD do. An Auto can't be beat at the drag strip... just the facts, ya know?

radmustangs

forum member
Reaction score
That's cool. I appreciate the info. Those other items may be something I look into to help get the weight down.

Going by the scales at MIR, my car empty (with 1/4 tank of fuel) is 3600 to the pound. I'm 6'2" and weigh 375 lbs, so unless I lose 175 lbs, i'm pretty much screwed... I'd love to drop the weight too, but having a respiratory disability is making it so I cannot exersize at all.

Sorry to hear that. Next time your going to be at MIR let me know. What rims do you have on the car?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a stick guy too. I prefer to select my own gear. I was simply pointing out what it COULD do. An Auto can't be beat at the drag strip... just the facts, ya know?

Yea i know i was just kidding, but in the 11 12 second range i think the manual is still the way to go. Yea once you get 9s 8s you need a auto. But its fun to bang gears and im just having fun at the strip you know.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Next time your going to be at MIR let me know. What rims do you have on the car?

Yea, I will let you know for sure. I don't think I will be out there for another few weeks because I am going to have to break-in some new parts. But if the heads don't go in on the week of the 28th, I hope to get to GOOTC.

I have had a couple diff sets of wheels on the car. I had the stockers 17's with the Pirelli tires. Then I went with the Saleen S-type 18's with Summitomo's. Now I am back to stock 17's with Pirelli tires up front and M&H 325 DR's out back. (best setup so far)

I am most likely going to keep the stockers with the DR's for the street and the Jegs 15's with MT skinnies and DR's (maybe slicks) for the track.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back