'13 Race Red claybarred!

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I was a bit skeptical on claying the dark color that Race Red is for fear of marring the paint as it is still VERY fresh but I had some rail dust that I could see throughout the whole car so I said, "what the heck" and clayed it anyway.

I'm sooooooooooooooo glad I did. I kept the clay bar/paint soaked with lub during the entire process to minimize the chance of marring. Washed the car really really good following claybarring and put a coat of Glaze on it.

What do yall think??

claybar3.jpg

claybar2.jpg

\/\/\/\/Notice the hazing of the flash on the nose of the bumper? I did not clay/polish that area because I'm
gonna have the front bumper cover repainted to fill in the license plate holes so I didn't want a thousand layers of
wax that the paint and body shop would have to cut through.

claybar1.jpg

claybar4.jpg

claybar5.jpg

It's extremely hard to capture the paint depth with a camera but I assure you the paint is without blemish ANYWHERE and the depth is stunning!!!!!!! I always clayed my other new cars but they were never dark colored cars. The Race Red POPS so hard its amazing. The shadowing of the lines and depth of the color are breathtaking for me.

:beer:

Last edited:

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Man I'm loving that hood, I can't believe that came stock!! Incredible looking Darren, just incredible!!

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Looks amazing Darren. I've never cared for red Mustangs but that looks gorgeous. I'd like to see these corners shaved, should clean the bumper up and make the fogs look like they belong there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while riding my Shetland Pony through the pastures of Spain

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Nice, it's looking forward to a life of not being driven but being very shiny :roflmao:

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
looks awesome, I think you'll like keeping the red clean. Nothing shines like red and black.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
not hard to cut through "layers of wax". One hit with a buffer or just a few pumps of an alcohol spray and its all gone.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
not hard to cut through "layers of wax". One hit with a buffer or just a few pumps of an alcohol spray and its all gone.

One paint and body shop was telling me a painters nightmare is the silicon wax we use on our cars. Makes for tough work to prevent fisheye. I'm no paint and body expert but figured I wasn't gonna waste my time on the front bumper anyways because as soon as I figure how to get it off, it's going to the Painter! LOL!!!!:beer:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
One paint and body shop was telling me a painters nightmare is the silicon wax we use on our cars. Makes for tough work to prevent fisheye. I'm no paint and body expert but figured I wasn't gonna waste my time on the front bumper anyways because as soon as I figure how to get it off, it's going to the Painter! LOL!!!!:beer:

find a new body shop. Pretty much all products come with some form of silicone.

n2onme

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great. Now I need to find time to clean my car with all these posts of freshly waxed beautiful cars. GREAT job!

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Wheel selection is still up in the air. I wanna make the right choice so I'm shopping and photochopping.....LOL!!!!!

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Your car looks much cleaner than mine does right now! I've got a lot of work ahead of me when I get to the point of doing mine. Few cars grabs people's attention like a nicely done RR Mustang!!!

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Looks great. I'll be honest though, I'd rather deal with two small holes, than a completely repainted bumper cover, especially on a brand new car. I've never had repainted bumper covers hold up as well as OEM paint.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back