'14 GT Automatic - drag racing results from a few simple mods

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Supercharge it and let's run ^_^

I would only supercharge if I had the cash, but I've been diligently paying down all of my debts in the last 2 years trying to be debt free ASAP. Got another year or two before I'd be in a position to supercharge. In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through you!

A few of us with S197's are drag racing this coming Wednesday (May 8th) at Pacific Raceways. Bring out the Yellow Blaze and join us! My friend Bob will be there with his white Procharged '12 GT Automatic. His nephew will be there with his grabber blue '14 GT Track Pack. And, I'm trying to get our shop foreman to bring out his white '14 GT Track Pack. The more Mustangs the merrier.

CoreGT

forum member
Reaction score
That sounds like a great time, but I won't be able to make that one. Hopefully there's another gathering in a few weeks that I can hope to attend.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
That sounds like a great time, but I won't be able to make that one. Hopefully there's another gathering in a few weeks that I can hope to attend.

I'm also racing Wednesday, May 27th at Pacific Raceway (or Friday, May 29th at Bremerton, depending on the weather that week).

CoreGT

forum member
Reaction score
Oh cool, I'll have to see if I can make that one. Week days are kind of hard since the family likes to go and gathering everyone and heading that way at that time of day is tough. We'll eventually figure something out. I don't expect that they're going to let me get more than one pass this next outing if everything goes as expected.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
I sure wish I had time to bracket race my car! I ran at Pacific Raceway last night for Test N Tune and the car was very consistent! Got 8 passes, starting with an 11.59 on a 1.59 sixty foot. Then went on to run 11.60, 11.61, 11.62, 11.63, 11.64, 11.66, and a worst pass of 11.69. DA was in the 150-300' range, so the weather was decent.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
300 da decent?! We get a few weeks in the spring and fall of good da and the rest is usually +2000 and up to around +3500 lol.

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
300 da decent?! We get a few weeks in the spring and fall of good da and the rest is usually +2000 and up to around +3500 lol.

Wish I could race in da that low! It 7000' today and not even hot yet! lol

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score

We get plenty of 2000+ DA in the summertime around here. I love spring and fall racing, though!

Sent from SYNC in my '14 Mustang GT...

daveyboy

forum member
Reaction score
Working on my suspension set up due to issues i had last weekend, but I did manage an 11.68 should be a bit quicker next time

CoreGT

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you. You should come out and race even if you have to let off early and slow the car to keep from getting booted off the track.

Oh, I'll definitely be coming out soon. The car was just down for a few weeks for some upgrades. I'd be out this weekend but it's my anniversary so it'll have to wait. =)

Couple pics:

In progress:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vje23rcomya8fz/0503152047.jpg?dl=0

Almost back to normal:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hu2y6h3rnpbk8d8/0518151849a.jpg?dl=0

:pimp:

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Nice runs Brian... And I am Soooooooooo Happy you do not have a Ruby Red GT A6 400A (Leather with NAV) on the lot right now... Desperately trying to hold off...

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Oh, I'll definitely be coming out soon. The car was just down for a few weeks for some upgrades. I'd be out this weekend but it's my anniversary so it'll have to wait. =)

Couple pics:

In progress:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vje23rcomya8fz/0503152047.jpg?dl=0

Almost back to normal:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hu2y6h3rnpbk8d8/0518151849a.jpg?dl=0

:pimp:

Are these upgrades gonna net you some 9's at the track?

I'm going to run at Bremerton on May 29th, weather permitting. Maybe they'd overlook the need for a rollbar in your car for a few passes?!

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Nice runs Brian... And I am Soooooooooo Happy you do not have a Ruby Red GT A6 400A (Leather with NAV) on the lot right now... Desperately trying to hold off...

Thank you, Douglas!

You can bet we'll have some Ruby Red GT autos arriving soon with leather and nav. Pepper might just get a stablemate at your place!

CoreGT

forum member
Reaction score
Are these upgrades gonna net you some 9's at the track?

I'm going to run at Bremerton on May 29th, weather permitting. Maybe they'd overlook the need for a rollbar in your car for a few passes?!

I damn sure hope so. I was chasing them while going after each issue individually. On the 10.24@134 pass the car still hit the Rev limiter during the 2-3 shift and that was the only pass on that setup.

I should be running about 4 psi more boost than that so I am hoping for consistent 9s traction permitting.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
I damn sure hope so. I was chasing them while going after each issue individually. On the 10.24@134 pass the car still hit the Rev limiter during the 2-3 shift and that was the only pass on that setup.

I should be running about 4 psi more boost than that so I am hoping for consistent 9s traction permitting.

Holy cow! 9's are yours for the taking! Now you've really got spend some money on safety goodies to pass tech!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back