18" Wheels vs. 20"'s

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
IMO 20s just fit right on these cars. They have a huge wheelwell and the 18s look tiny in there. If you're looking to autocross or drag race, consider the 18s but get something decent to bolt on for the drive home.

IMG021.jpg

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I never understood the huge wheel with skinny little rubber band tires stretched over it thing. But I can't deny it. It is trendy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
I saw an S197 tonight that had staggered 18's with Nitto 555's that looked really good. It was lowered, however.

neema

forum member
Reaction score
i have a square 19x10 setup and 285s all around and it tramlines like crazy. don't know if running a spacer in the front contributes to that (effectively a wider track width in front compared to the rear). if you want a 100% street cruiser, go with a narrower tire up front, but the grip on the track from a wide front tire (and IMO the look of a wide tires both up front and out back) is worth it.

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
Wider front tires and more offset to the outside will increase tramlining. More caster and toe in will decrease tramlining. Thread design of some tires increases tramlining.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Yes and 18s look killer with the right lowered stance mine is still a 4by 4 stance check out the lowered on 18s thread

Sent from your moms phone

Ha ha, so is mine.

i have a square 19x10 setup and 285s all around and it tramlines like crazy. don't know if running a spacer in the front contributes to that (effectively a wider track width in front compared to the rear). if you want a 100% street cruiser, go with a narrower tire up front, but the grip on the track from a wide front tire (and IMO the look of a wide tires both up front and out back) is worth it.

Your car looks great with that setup.

00colburn

forum member
Reaction score
i love the look of 20" rims on a mustang but i didn't want to spend the money on them. at the same time i track my car and anything is an upgrade from the 16" rims i had originally so that is why i went with a 19" rim. i never liked 18" rims because they just seemed small on my car.

07silvergtss

forum member
Reaction score
On our s197 20's are the way to go if you shooting for looks not performance, I run 20's for looks and 18 when it comes to the track.

jpowell2101

Reaction score
I prefer 18's. The ride is a little more forgiving even being lowered. Just my 2 cts.

IMG_0320.jpg

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
I have 18x10 on all four corners. At speeds up to 198 MPH, my doesn't tramline at all. IMO, tire selection, wheel backspacing, and alignment have more to do with it than width.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back