1988 Mustang project

BlackBullitt1390

forum member
Reaction score
Picked up this last month for a project. Had a 93 351W Lightning engine/T5 combo in it. MAF converted but wasn't right at all so I decided to tear it all down for a drag car. Everything is out but the short block now.

Going to be using the factory roller block and go from there. I haven't decided to reuse the crank or go with a 393 stroker. Either way, I'm shooting for 14:1 compression and run on methanol.

Chassis is getting thru-floor subframes, mini-tubs, and a 10 point cage.

It's going to be something my wife can race with. She's decided on Gotta Have it Green for paint.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice. I wouldn't do GHIG on that car. Some colors do not look right on some cars. I don't think GHIG is going work. Maybe someone can Photoshop a car like yours with GHIG so you can get a better idea how it will look.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Nice, looks like a fun project

Nice. I wouldn't do GHIG on that car. Some colors do not look right on some cars. I don't think GHIG is going work. Maybe someone can Photoshop a car like yours with GHIG so you can get a better idea how it will look.

GHIG is a pretty polarizing color, but I think with some black accents it can be awesome especially if this is going to be a race car. Here's a fox I found on the net, not bad
:iranmaybe:
1988_GHIG_MustangGT.jpg

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
Gonna be awesome project. I told the wife I wanted to do that green or grabber blue. She likes the green.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... I like GHIG, wasn't sure if it would work on a Fox. Looks like it does work and work pretty well. I saw a blue once that looked amazing on new car but that same color looked awful on the previous generation bodystyle.

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Will do man.

I'll be at the track on Saturday btw.

I was thinking about taking the car down Friday night to datalog and see what it does one more time before I bolt the kit on. What kind of racing is going on Saturday?

Edit, just seen its a TNT for cars with tires only! I'm already there. Lol

Last edited:

BlackBullitt1390

forum member
Reaction score
TnT but they have an NHRA rep there for license passes and chassis certs. The track just got certified by NHRA so now its a mad dash for everyone to get legal.

Full track prep according to them. Which means nothing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back