2.8L KB w.shaker hood

S

Shaman

If this has been asked before, sry. I am getting ready to do the 2.8L KB and I also want to do the Cervinis B3 shaker and hood. Anyone else attempt this? i dont care if the shaker is functional, like it would matter, lol... I would like to see some pics and tips before we do it. TY.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don_W had a KB with a shaker hood, he had to modify it to work. I think his is modified to be a head extractor though.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cliffy..... nice to see you over here.... I'm sure you'll get the 411 on this over here!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don_W had a KB with a shaker hood, he had to modify it to work. I think his is modified to be a head extractor though.

he's seen Don's... Don has a 2.4 though.... he's looking @ the 2.8

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
But how different are they? Surely you can use the same idea?!

S

Shaman

yeah, i think its just gunna be a question of how much grinding we will do to the botom of the shaker ass'y. no bigie, BTW my wife told me this morning I can have the tax refund for "ANYTHING" i want to do to my car.:clap: I so love her, almost as much as my car.

S

Shaman

Cliffy..... nice to see you over here.... I'm sure you'll get the 411 on this over here!

thanx for the headsup bout this site bro, it was you that told me, right?. do any of these members go to captree that arent in our "other" club? this seems like a good buncha guys...

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
not too many LI guys here.... dominated by guys out west from what I've seen.

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
he's seen Don's... Don has a 2.4 though.... he's looking @ the 2.8
Doesn't matter, overall case sizes are the same save for the length. The 2.4 became the 2.6 by just increasing the internal bore sizes and the 2.8 is just a stretched 2.6. But KB doesn't have a 2.8 kit for the 3v 4.6.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, overall case sizes are the same save for the length. The 2.4 became the 2.6 by just increasing the internal bore sizes and the 2.8 is just a stretched 2.6. But KB doesn't have a 2.8 kit for the 3v 4.6.

Well that kind of puts a damper on that.:leghump:

KILLER06GT

forum member
Reaction score
An Listangs member is getting a twin screw, I want my car back so i can bust up some PD blower.

Is dan doing the car? How much boost on that KB? Stock Gear?

Louie better get off that "conservative" tune, otherwise he might have some issues.

S

Shaman

my bad its a typo 2.6L

S

Shaman

An Listangs member is getting a twin screw, I want my car back so i can bust up some PD blower.

Is dan doing the car? How much boost on that KB? Stock Gear?

Louie better get off that "conservative" tune, otherwise he might have some issues.

no dan is probably only doing the dyno tune, or Mustang Magic. for now boost will be conservative no more than 8lbs on stock short block. every year i do something large, so next year forged internals in a new block, and new drivetrain.

BTW as per ur comment about an "listangs" member blah blah blah, you dont know me, so assume nothing about me.../end

KILLER06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Shaman, I wasn't hating on you. I was just saying theirs no s197 listangs member with a twin screw. Atleast not that I know of.

KILLER06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Long Island = LI

So its LIstangs, yes its a club.

(I can find the gay smiley with the lim wrist waving the rainbow flag, that would be a perfect insert above)

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh, okay--Long Island Stangs.

KB currently only has the 2.6H---but I thought they were working on a 2.8, aren't they??

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back