2005 GT O2 Sensors

Dave Dansky

Reaction score
Hi, not posted here for a long time but looking for advice. My car is in a garage just now for 2 jobs to be completed, changing caser/camber plates and replacing the upstream O2 sensors. They contacted me late on Friday to say they couldn't get the old ones out due to them being seized in place and as such they don't want to proceed incase they cause further damage the requires repairs they say they aren't equipped to carry out. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

AHaze

Reaction score
Soak it in penetrating oil after every drive for a few days. Once that is done, fire is your friend. I've had to take a torch to many O2 sensors but they have always come out. Run a tap into the bung to clean up the threads before installing the new sensor.

whitmanink

Reaction score
with any "mulled" metal , its best to do as said above, soak it or spray it ,, let it soak about 30 min , than use a torch and get that guy glowing , it will come out squeaking,, but thats due to the heat and all , ,, but heat is youre friend ,, and a proper sized and up to par o2 tool is key

JC SSP

Reaction score
Take it to a reputable muffler shop... they deal with this on a daily basis, but if you're doing it yourself then as mentioned penetrating oil, heat and then tap as appropriate.

Might be easier to drop the H-pipe and work on it off the car...

Sammy70

Reaction score
The upstream A/F sensors are NOT easy to get to on these cars.

I would guess it's more that they can't / don't want to try to change them rather than the sensors actually being seized.

Have them (or whomever you take it to next) remove the front exhaust section (H-pipe) and then they should be able to access/change the A/F sensors assuming they have the correct tools.

07 Boss

Reaction score
As many times I've changed those sensors I'm glad one of the first things I did with my car is get rid of the stock manifolds.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back