2005 S281 For Sale

The Big Herm

Build in Progress
Reaction score
Bump for you, dude. I just sent this thread out to a few buddies of mine. A couple of them are in the market and the others are collectors. I sure hope you find someone that can cherish this car. What a beautiful beast.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mineral Grey Saleen, nice. Love it! Yes, you'll sell it. Just have to find the right buyer.

And a Spec 3+ clutch, it's ready for a supercharger. (first thing to go out when I got mine)

Last edited:

Jaybyrd

Reaction score
Nice car and great price! I just saw this yesterday and it's really got me thinking. If I can secure the financing and shipping we could be speaking soon. What are the interior options (stereo, IUP) ? Do you have any interior pics? Has it ever been on a dyno and if so what did it put down?

Keep in mind it's a big maybe right now but I hope it works out.

P.S. If I can pull this off I'd want the chrome wheels back on the car. Not interested in the aftermarket rollers in the picture.

Last edited:

Jaybyrd

Reaction score
Private message sent. Please respond to the e-mail address inclosed so I can view it on my phone. I've already got this passed the little woman and I'm going to look into financing after work tomorrow.

GM EATER

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the great compliments... this car has so much to offer at a price point that you cant find anywhere. Go find a Saleen with the parts this car has at this price point. The hood alone is worth 2500 and I still have the original hood so if you could live with a stock hood you could potentially sell the hood and wind up with this awesome Saleen with low miles for 16,500. What's wrong with this picture and how come no one has picked up on this idea.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the great compliments... this car has so much to offer at a price point that you cant find anywhere. Go find a Saleen with the parts this car has at this price point. The hood alone is worth 2500 and I still have the original hood so if you could live with a stock hood you could potentially sell the hood and wind up with this awesome Saleen with low miles for 16,500. What's wrong with this picture and how come no one has picked up on this idea.

You are right. An unpainted one just sold on a Saleen forum for $2250. Then again I've seen a slightly damaged one sell for $213. It's all about timing and demand. I don't think they make them anymore. I like them because the are aluminum, lighter than fiberglass, and you can use hood struts without worrying about cracking the paint.

Bump for ya!

GM EATER

forum member
Reaction score
The hood is not produced by Saleen anymore, and the more scarce they become the more the price will go up.

GM EATER

forum member
Reaction score
I have to agree Thundr I forgot how much the seven spokes make the color pop.
Thanks!

c-one

Reaction score
Great looking Saleen! I can't believe it's still available?:wtf1:

GM EATER

forum member
Reaction score
You ain't the only one that cant believe it! Thanks for the nice words!

GM EATER

forum member
Reaction score
Pm Answered! Still cant believe it is still around. This car is a beautiful ride, for the price I am shocked it has not sold. Just no money out there.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back