2006 mustang GT coyote swap

amac20

Reaction score
Hello, I’m doing a coyote swap on my 06 mustang gt. I’ve got the 2011 coyote, pcm, PBH harness, etc. my question was regarding the flywheel and clutch. I’m keeping my tr3650 5 speed, what flywheel and clutch would I need to keep this transmission? And would I need to do the 26 spline input shaft conversion? Thanks!

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
The flywheel and pressure plate that fits the Coyote will work with the 3650. You Don’t have to change the input shaft on the tranny, just buy a disc with the correct spline. 11 splines if I remember right.

mattjames

Reaction score
The flywheel and pressure plate that fits the Coyote will work with the 3650. You Don’t have to change the input shaft on the tranny, just buy a disc with the correct spline. 11 splines if I remember right.
10 SPLINE
Hello, I’m doing a coyote swap on my 06 mustang gt. I’ve got the 2011 coyote, pcm, PBH harness, etc. my question was regarding the flywheel and clutch. I’m keeping my tr3650 5 speed, what flywheel and clutch would I need to keep this transmission? And would I need to do the 26 spline input shaft conversion? Thanks!
You need a clutch for the 05-10 GT BUT a coyote flywheel

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
You need an 8 bolt modular Ford flywheel (4.6 5.0 5.4) and a 10 spline clutch for that flywheel. (you sure it is not 12 spline?) That clutch is out there, just have to figure out which one it is. IIRC, it is an 11 INCH clutch.

I called Centerforce techline when I put mine together, to make sure the 26 spline CF clutch will work with the Ford Racing flywheel before I ordered it. I called because CF flywheel states "Must use CF clutch". But it fit the Ford racing flywheel just fine. Based on that, and this makes no sense, as a Ford clutch should fit the CF flywheel.

Last edited:

mattjames

Reaction score
You need an 8 bolt modular Ford flywheel (4.6 5.0 5.4) and a 10 spline clutch for that flywheel. (you sure it is not 12 spline?) That clutch is out there, just have to figure out which one it is. IIRC, it is an 11 INCH clutch.

I called Centerforce techline when I put mine together, to make sure the 26 spline CF clutch will work with the Ford Racing flywheel before I ordered it. I called because CF flywheel states "Must use CF clutch". But it fit the Ford racing flywheel just fine. Based on that, and this makes no sense, as a Ford clutch should fit the CF flywheel.
3650 is ten spline

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back