2008 GT 5 speed "ELEANOR"- rebuild thread

orangensaft

People think its yellow
Reaction score
Wait, Wait, Wait!! $18k for a salvaged title car with a body kit and some rims????? I can't get $18k for mine stock or with it blown as it sits now!!! WTF??!!

Good on you man, turned out nice!

Get a body kit on there. Who cares about a blower, needs moar body kit.

It turned out pretty good, if it wasn't salvaged or blue I'd pay 18k for it.

madrussian

T-101
Reaction score
Wait, Wait, Wait!! $18k for a salvaged title car with a body kit and some rims????? I can't get $18k for mine stock or with it blown as it sits now!!! WTF??!!

Good on you man, turned out nice!

Yeah I know! My buddy got 06 fully built turbo gt, C/S bumpers and cowl hood with draglites, when our cars side to side, mine generated more attention and complements from average crowd, although his has nearly $30k in performance mods, now someone who knows mustangs or any performance guy would take my buddies 06 in a heart beat over mine, but average Joe get drown by appearance. Average Joe is a majority of the market so yeah. Actually within two week period that I had my car on craigslist I received tons of phone calls and multiple offers, I think I could get more out of it but did not want to get to greedy and pass on buyer at the time

ubeenbit

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats! It is not something I would of done, but it worked for you.

Now lets see who can step up and say they were wrong versus making excuses on why they were wrong or belittle the buyer from a distance.

Funny thread to read from beginning to end.

Sent from my iPhone on an overpriced data plan

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
d03640ef-dd9a-1b2d.jpg

d03640ef-dddf-fd6d.jpg

d03640ef-de34-1dee.jpg

And sold!!!!
Who said that I would never get my money out of it???? Car end up costing me $15k with all the fees, transportation, parts and some of the labor.....got it sold for $18k!!!!! Had fun driving the car for the summer and made some cash on it! Now time to take a closer look at GT500 market.

nice !!

madrussian

T-101
Reaction score
It's on! I am officially on the market for '10-'11 gt500. I found '10 gt500 with hellion hell raiser kit, 900 miles, around 730rwhp at 18psi, will attempt to contact seller and negotiate price as soon as I'm out of the school today!

Boozshey

Reaction score
It's cool and all to have a Turbo... But why buy a '10... At least the '11 will give you an aluminum block and Electric Power steering. Then upgrade it yourself.

oh and congrats on the sale

madrussian

T-101
Reaction score
It's cool and all to have a Turbo... But why buy a '10... At least the '11 will give you an aluminum block and Electric Power steering. Then upgrade it yourself.

oh and congrats on the sale

Thanks man. The way I look at it why buy 2011 $45-$50k car and then put another $10-$15k into to it just to get to where this 2010 already is for $45k? Sure alum block is better and lighter, but I think I will be ok with slightly heavier car that already got everything I want. You never get back money invested in mods, so why not pick up car with free mods already and not spend more money on it? At the end people do what they want to do anyhow but I think picking up turboed, year older car that doesn't suck up anymore of my cash is the way to go!

madrussian

T-101
Reaction score
Congrats on the sale, sorry I doubted you, came out pretty good making 3k on it.

Actually selling car on the forums is like the worst thing to do, everyone knows everything about it and forum's market is so competitive that you would have to constantly lower your price in order to sell your vehicle. Local craigslist or eBay is the way to go, advertisement is the key, more people know about your car more interest it generates and more potential buyers can see it. I see supercharged clean title 05-09 GT's sell for anywhere from $25k to $30k locally, at dealerships and through local adds. There is always some one who would buy your car, its just the matter of reaching that some one.

madrussian

T-101
Reaction score
cool, post pics when you get it.

Hopefully soon, I already have $20k in cash, working on getting approved on a $25k loan. I figured over 5 year period with 2.7% my monthly payment is around $405-$430, its not that bad consider that I won't spend any money on mods, well maybe different set of wheels over time and I would want side exhaust (probably have to swap rear bumper or bottom pice of it as well)

madrussian

T-101
Reaction score
Now I got that crazy idea of buying either 10+ gt or 05-09 saleen or roush from salvage auction and doing same thing all over. I still got people asking why the hell I sold my 08 so cheap! Keeping my eye on 06 saleen with factory blower, no damage, car was repoed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while taking a shit

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Now I got that crazy idea of buying either 10+ gt or 05-09 saleen or roush from salvage auction and doing same thing all over. I still got people asking why the hell I sold my 08 so cheap! Keeping my eye on 06 saleen with factory blower, no damage, car was repoed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while taking a shit

You have a GT500 now don't you?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's an awesome job of repairing that car. I've always been amazed by collision repair and autobody. It's like an art!

Sent from my DROID2 Global using tapa-whatzit-thing

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back