2009 GT500 to 2013 GT500 Conversion and Major Build

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
Fenders are in hand! :drool:

Gonna bust out the molds and have the first set of cf ones on my Shelby next week or two! :)

Gas tank has been modified and is now reinstalled.

Front end is done, custom rear suspension should be done in a couple weeks max
New air bags, air management system, custom hard line air system install, remotes, my carbon GT500 grills, splitter and many more custom carbon parts being made

Custom exhaust being designed and installed right after this, 3 piece forged rims, tires...

Only 8 weeks until SEMA! :(

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds awesome. I'll gladly accept any pre-painted Vapor Silver parts like the old fenders lol.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
hopefully it involved a blow torch after said tank was drained and completely cleaned out.....unless you like big balls of fire...hah

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
Gas tank notched for DS clearance when laid out on the ground:

This was a big job. Dangerous welding a gas tank and when welding the seams there are 2 fuel lines inside that go over the hump to join the two tanks that need special care/protection when welding. The tank has 2 fuel hats n pumps that are joined internally for a single output. I would have thought they would have made it a dual hose output but guess not

attachment.php

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
No he said it was either do it right and miss. Or cut corners and have to do it again the right way.

He decided to pull it out of the show this year. Can't wait to see it completed though

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
Yea, had to make the tough call. Could have rushed it and made the show but then spend thousands to take it apart and complete the missed mods and didnt want to half ass it. Also would not have been able to get the size rims on there I wanted so would have had to buy new rims and tires after the show. Too many thousands of dollars wasted just to make the show and only have 1/2 my mods installed/done.

Update/summary:
Front end conversion - Completed
Front and rear C-Notching completed
Lay Frame on 20"s - Completed
All the rear suspension installed (watts link, all mounts deleted from axle, shocks removed etc) - Completed

Have to check to see what pics havent been posted here as this is just a highlight build thread. Main detailed build thread on another forum.

Seeing how I have much more time to get things done and done right, I am adding a few other mods to the list.

Wire tuck
Rear seat delete
Fuel cell (gas tank is already removed because to do another mod it wouldnt work out so its gone)
3 piece forged rims
Custom roll cage
And lots of new custom carbon fiber pieces

Last edited:

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
2 New Air Zenith OB2 compressors for the new custom Air Lift bags. These compressors output more than twice the CFMs as my old compressors :) So with 2 of these its like having 5 or 6 of my old ones lol

attachment.php

Last edited:

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
Some of the rear suspension work results to get it to lay frame. Oh and the mount for one of the bars for the roll cage pictured.

attachment.php

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back