2010 mustang gt

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Tonight I finally picked up my first mustang. It's a sterling gray metallic 5 speed gt. I got the 3.73 rear axle and the security package, and nothing else. I've been searching and negotiating since november of 08, I placed the order on october 24, and the car came in last night. It's a bit humbling trying to learn how to drive stick, but I'm sure with some more practice I will get the hang of it. I got a great deal, and am extremely happy with the car, pictures will be sure to follow.

I've done hours upon hours of research, but I still can't lock down certain things...

Any new maintenance i should watch with the car? I'm thinking I'm gonna get an oil change at around 800 miles, is that good? What oil do you guys prefer for these 2010s?

Thanks for all the help, I also posted this on another forum as well (mustang forum)

The old car- 2005 cts 3.6l

CadillacCTS6.jpg

The mustang-
FordMustangGT3.jpg

FordMustangGT2.jpg

FordMustangGT.jpg

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome!!!!!!

Step 1: Get rid of that ugly ass 13" radio antenna and replace it with one of our 5" black billet radio antennas.

Much cleaner look.

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awesome!!!!!!

Step 1: Get rid of that ugly ass 13" radio antenna and replace it with one of our 5" black billet radio antennas.

Much cleaner look.
I love the 2010! Congrats!
Where would he find such an antenna?:roflmao:

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome!!!!!!

Much cleaner look.

Haha, thanks, I'll keep that in mind, for now, I'm just trying to get the hang of driving a manual<-----step 1.

But i'll definitely look into it, the antenna is a bit over kill

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great choice on the color, same as mine and +1 on the antenna! Sounds funny to spend $25 on an antenna but that was the first thing I noticed on your car...after the color of course.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Couple of things..

i and a lot of people here use royal purple oil. (i'm just saying in reference, not trying to start another oil war in this guys thread)

Next, the 13" antenna looks fine.. haha.

Then, delete your membership at mustang forums and stay on this site! :thumb:

Next, learn to drive stick. When I got my car it was stick and hadn't driven manual since I was like 13, so it took a while to get the hang of it. It just takes practice, but just don't go on freeways just yet. Farm roads will do just fine. lol.

Now, enjoy that car. It's a cool color. :beer:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
My 2005 antenna is much longer than that, and my car runs low 10s. If I change to a BBR shorty, will I get into the 9s?

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
z man- Thanks bro, I'm real excited.

Alloy- thanks, I'm struggling with this a lot more then I thought, I'm not sure why I can't pick it up, but i'm driving it a lot....and stalling a lot haha. I'm trying to be patient, but only time will tell i guess

ScottsVaporGT

Reaction score
+1 on the color....that is the ONLY color I like on the new body style, but I am partial to the silver/grey colors on these cars1 Congrats on the 1st mustang! And also +1 on the shorty antenna...they take off AT LEAST a second off your times.....LOL

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
+1 on the color....that is the ONLY color I like on the new body style, but I am partial to the silver/grey colors on these cars1 Congrats on the 1st mustang! And also +1 on the shorty antenna...they take off AT LEAST a second off your times.....LOL

J- haha, I'm starting to get the hang of it now. But I also like the long atenna, I was hoping there would be an option to get the older s197 antenna on there hahaha

Scott- I'm a big fan of silvers and grays. Not as hard to keep clean as black or white, but still sharp. It was tough between sterling, brilliant silver, and kona blue, but for me I think I made the right choice.

ScottsVaporGT

Reaction score
Scott- I'm a big fan of silvers and grays. Not as hard to keep clean as black or white, but still sharp. It was tough between sterling, brilliant silver, and kona blue, but for me I think I made the right choice.
You made the right choice, Kona would be my second though. Its close to sonic blue and that was probably my favorite color mustang that I have had.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back