2010+ or s550 Recaro Seat in 05+ s197

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
I've read several threads about some swaps, airbag fix, etc.

It sounds like since the Recaro seats are manual anyway, and as long as you have the mount, you can take it from any year and fit it in the early 5th gen. (2007 in my case). Is that correct?

I am thinking of hitting up some junkyards for them, and I am sure there will be plenty of 2010+ to choose from. Maybe I'll get lucky and land a 2015 ;-)

There was a post about going from a Recaro GT500 seat to a basic GT500 seat and the airbag connection worked fine. I would imagine that the other instructions would need to be followed when doing a cross-generation fit.

Any insight as to what I might be overlooking? Hopefully there is enough for all interested, but what got me thinking was lkqonline.com. There were some Recaro seats there for $750 each! I have bought some stuff through them before with great luck, and I know a lot of collision shops rely on them heavily, as well as insurance quotes use them as reference.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
2015 Seats have a different mounting bracket. Best bet is to find a 2012-14 Recaros to avoid any hard ache on that front.

Only think you need to swap will be the airbag bladder and mechanism from your stock seats into the Recaro.

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
I just sat in the 2015 with Recaro and I like the base seats better! I have a 34" waist, but my lats couldn't fit in the seat! I have to find a 2014 Recaro seat and see if it has the same issue or if it is better. The base seats are not bad though. Very nice. I am used to the seats in my BMW hugging me perfectly, so I when I sit in the mustang it feels sloppy.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just sat in the 2015 with Recaro and I like the base seats better! I have a 34" waist, but my lats couldn't fit in the seat! I have to find a 2014 Recaro seat and see if it has the same issue or if it is better. The base seats are not bad though. Very nice. I am used to the seats in my BMW hugging me perfectly, so I when I sit in the mustang it feels sloppy.

I felt the same way. I sat in both at the dealer and the 2015 base seat felt better to me. I have a 38" waist.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back