2011 GT Convertable

Paul Sulse

Reaction score
Greetings fellow Stang modifiers

i have a S197 Convertible. I an researching suspension \ handling upgrades options. The Primary use will be autocross and weekend rally runs in the canyons and hills. I am very interested in what other owners have installed and how they feel about the setup.

I was looking at the Performance setup from Ford or Eibach sport. Has anyone installed either on the forum?

Paul

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
First thing you need to understand is that the only suspension mod you can do and still be classed in F-Street is shocks & struts. Springs would move you at least up to a Street Touring class (not sure which any more), where you'd generally expect to be running against more experienced competitors driving more fully developed cars.

If the competition aspect of autocross is what matters most to you, spend some quality time in the rulebook to help you decide which class and keep your modifications within its ruleset. But feel free to ask questions here and with the people running the events you plan on running.

If the autocross part is mainly for fun/car control practice and you don't mind what class you end up in, that's when you can let your canyon/hill running and other preferences determine where your modification program takes you.

Norm

frank s

at Play
Reaction score
Let there be tires, in any case. If your situation allows for a spare set of "track" wheels and tires, research on this forum will prepare you for the choices to be made.

PS:
With an eye to discovering which canyons, hills, and so forth you'll be running, I'd appreciate a bit more disclosure in your profile.

Accelerometer Mustang Convertible GT 2014:

Mustang2014TrackOnlyDisplay.jpg

Recorded (photographed) on 2015-07-27; figures produced a couple months earlier than that

Tires were near-new Michelin Pilot Super Sport 275-40x18 on SHELBY CS56 x9.5-inch ET 45mm wheels; otherwise, completely stock, as-delivered car. Asphalt parking lot at Qualcomm Stadium.

BRAKE was full-on, to anti-lock function; ACCEL was on a well-prepped launch pad at Barona (2.071 sixty-foot).

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back