2011 in a 2006?

whitmanink

Reaction score
ok guys , i almost pulled the trigger on a 4.6 gt from copart,, butttttttt....

i really wanna 5.0 it if i can and its not too much trouble,, now with that said,,
i have a 2006 mustang and id like to buy a 2011 gt wrecked and move everything over to my sn197.. that being said....

the 4.6 motor will drop right in no problems,, change ecu ,trans , driveshaft, a few other small odds and ends,, so its a "plug and play" sort to speak,and will pass emissions (i live in pa)

now if i buy a 2011 gt , can i do the same? or is the dash all weird and this and that and ill have a bunch of errors and CEL on?
i have $9000 in hand ready to buy this 2011 but wanna make sure its not running down a rabbit hole?

if the 5.0 is too much trouble than a procharged 4.6 will have to do,,

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
It is 'near plug&play" but way more complicated of a swap.
PATS delete on PCM gets you running. Custom tuning gets it all obd compliant. (I use SCT pro racer software)

Hardware wise, its all bolt in direct fit. I bought all parts for a 2013 (aka 2011-2014 parts)

Too much to list and/or remember, but I spent about 40 hours just repinning the body connector to ecu plug and other misc wiring.

whitmanink

Reaction score
so to make the tach and speedo work id need to rewire things ? is there a source for how to wire everything that needs done ? or is it a guessing game?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
The guages work over the can bus with gen 1 (11-14) coyote.
I had printed the 07 wiri g diagrams and the 13 wiring diagrams. Side by side with those, one wire at a time, I grafted in the 2013 pcm to work in my 07. Not a guessing game. We are talking about 60 circuits in total here. This is why most ppl go with a swap harness vs wiring a coyote swap from scratch.

whitmanink

Reaction score
PBTH was soppose to make a harness for the 4.6 to 5.0 swap , but i cant seem to find it so im guessing that was blown to dust and didnt happen?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back