2011 M6 GT won't go into any gear????

Mikes5.0

forum member
Reaction score
With all of the negative publicity surrounding the MT-82, I'm sure that Ford is going to cover this, no questions asked.

Nope per Ford the trans issue was just internet hype, the MT-82 is flawless. :roflmao: With that said mine still whines like my wife but works great for now. Cumming up on 7k miles.

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
lol.. piece of junk chinese trans! Mine whines, too.. I haven't been back to the drag strip out of fear that it'll get worse or break again.

zinc02gt

Reaction score
lol.. piece of junk chinese trans! Mine whines, too.. I haven't been back to the drag strip out of fear that it'll get worse or break again.

Mines taken a nice little beating at the track. 4.5k launches with hard shifting. It whines, but it's going into each and every gear just fine at the track and daily driving. Can't complain at the moment. I'm on my 2nd transmission though. I got my 2nd transmission before I started modding my car.

Reaction score
Mines taken a nice little beating at the track. 4.5k launches with hard shifting. It whines, but it's going into each and every gear just fine at the track and daily driving. Can't complain at the moment. I'm on my 2nd transmission though. I got my 2nd transmission before I started modding my car.

Where you at in Bama?

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
The whining is a result of improper lash.. They tore mine down because it was whining, and showed me the brass parts that were galled up/worn out.

Mustang Mike

Reaction score
Go ole Chi Com production. I hope Ford gets this mess taken care of. I will not buy a new Mustang until something changes with the Trannies.

BPatterson

forum member
Reaction score
Picked the car up today. Brand new tranny installed, and used the new fluid. Reused the stock clutch. They said it was fine, and was all tranny related. No charge. Warranty covered everything.

BPatterson

forum member
Reaction score
They never asked what I was doing when it happened, or said anything at all about the mods on the car. I couldn't be happier!

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
Doing a little spirited driving last night, and went to make a WOT 1-2 shift, and it felt like I missed a gear. No biggie...WTF???

I thought WOT shift was where you plant your foot hence WOT, and just shift without lifting off the gas...isn't a WOT shift really really bad for your trans and clutch? I always lift off and rev match my shifts.

techcargt

forum member
Reaction score
I thought WOT shift was where you plant your foot hence WOT, and just shift without lifting off the gas...isn't a WOT shift really really bad for your trans and clutch? I always lift off and rev match my shifts.

The only way I have got mine to shift smooth and not "lock" me out of 3ad was to shift at 6900 rpm's and not lift off the gas .Before I tried this it would always "lock" me out of 3ad if I tried to shift and let off the gas at any rpm above 5000 . Not sure as to why this works , but it does for me.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back