2012 Boss 302R Intake Manifold - AmericanMuscle Pre-Order

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
We dyno'd 58RWHP increase at 7400RPM on this manifold! If you're naturally aspirated, you will lose a little bit of low and mid-range power/torque. The whole curve is alot smoother, and you'll still pick up the 50-60RWHP above 7000. You start gaining power around 6000-6500. Supercharger, turbo and nitrous applications will probably gain all of the low-midrange back plus plenty more!

mustangtuning_2142_180486361.jpg

Ford Racing 2012 BOSS 302R Intake Manifold (11+ GT) - REDUCED PRICING!!! $499.99

GET YOUR NAME ON THE PRE-ORDER LIST!

So for anyone who hasn't heard the rumble on the streets, the 2012 Boss Intake Manifold is going to be in your neighborhood soon! We got word from our boys over at Ford Racing that they're putting the finishing touches on these manifolds, and will have them in yours hand in April. This bad boy is going to wake up ANY 2011 GT looking for an fairly easy mod to add a ton of power.

Made from lightweight composite, you know this manifold isn't going to have ANY heat soak issues. Forced induction guys, I know you're excited right now! This is going to be a bad ass system for centrifugal supercharged, turbo or nitrous-injected 2011 Mustangs.

We're working with Ford right now to get a demo unit. We'll update this thread as soon as we get something. You can bet we'll be doing third-party dyno testing on this, and we'll keep it updated right here. We'll also be offering Bama Custom Tune updates for all you Free Tunes for Life members!

If you're planning on purchasing this manifold - what mods are you going to run with it? Intake? Long tubes? Cams? DISCUSS BELOW!

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT FEATURES

* Shipping Early April 2011
* Original equipment on the BOSS 302R Mustang
* Made from light-weight composite material
* Black Finish
* Short runners for optimum flow at high rpms
* Fits 2011 and newer GT Mustangs with Coyote 5.0L engine

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Exclusive AmericanMuscle Pre-Order! Be one of the very first to enjoy the amazing power and performance benefits of the BOSS 302R Intake Manifold for your 2011 Mustang GT. AmericanMuscle has teamed up with Ford Racing to offer an exclusive pre-order. Be the envy of other Mustang enthusiasts - reserve yours now. Shipping early April 2011.

Ideal Upgrade. Upgrade your 5.0L Coyote V8's restrictive stock intake manifold with this Ford Racing BOSS 302R Intake Manifold to channel more air directly into your engine and set the stage for other power mods.

Premium Quality. Made of a high tech, lightweight composite, this manifold will help your pony breathe better while improving underhood appearance with it's modern "Boss 302" logo.

Legendary Ford Racing Performance. When you're adding parts to your pony, trust the folks who know it best to untap hidden potential and unleash the monster under your hood. This intake manifold is featured as original equipment on the BOSS 302R Mustang.

Strong Enough for Forced Induction. Tested up to 2 bars of pressure, this intake manifold is perfect for your upgraded heads, supercharger, and or cam’ed 4 valve motor. With this type of pressure rating, it can handle the increased air flow and deliver consistent power time and time again.

Application. The Ford Racing BOSS 302R Intake Manifold is designed to fit the 2011 and newer GT Mustangs equipped with the Coyote 5.0L 4-Valve Engine. Intake gaskets are included.

Technical Note. A new Computer Tune is required for installation.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
Already pre-ordered one on my BOSS302 :eek:

I would definitely buy this if I was a GT owner.

Wish I Had a Nice Car

forum member
Reaction score
I wanna see what kind of gains we are looking at with some bolt ons and tuning. This seems like a good way to get to 450whp, plus a good set of cams maybe 470whp?

jsnyng

Reaction score
I'm definitely looking forward to reading about the gains on this one with minimal mods like CAI and OR/X.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
i also plan on grabbing one of these after i see some numbers vs the stock 5.0 intake. by that time i should have a couple other mods that should work well w/ this intake..

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I'll be ordering this as soon as I see the power figures. Also, how will this new intake change the way our CAI's are already mounted? It looks to be higher than the stock manifold. Also, when will you take out the money? Immediately or when it ships?

Whocares05050

forum member
Reaction score
yeah if this works with the aftermarket intakes ill buy it. id hate to buy another!

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'll be ordering this as soon as I see the power figures. Also, how will this new intake change the way our CAI's are already mounted? It looks to be higher than the stock manifold. Also, when will you take out the money? Immediately or when it ships?

We only charge when the item leaves our warehouse. It will do the typical thing where it authorizes the charge (and after a few days it drops off). After that, it will only take the money after the item leaves AM on its way to you.

As for the CAI compatibility, I haven't heard anything from Ford Racing that would lead me to believe it won't work with a stock intake configuration (or a CAI modeled after a stock configuration). With that being said, any CAI from Airaid, JLT, C&L, etc. should fit just fine.

Mikes5.0

forum member
Reaction score

I agree, Looks like the boss mani points down and sit higher and the oem sits lower points up. Would be nice if it fits after market CAI's since I really want this.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I wonder if it will "breathe" that was an awesome feature of the frpp 3v intake :)

assasinator

1000hp turbo 4v
Reaction score
add the L&M TB to it. ive ordered it and im gonna dyno it after i install it. that should help the boss intake some also.

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
how will it work with nitrous?

It should go really well. Because it's composite, it's going to stay nice and cool. A plate system or even a nozzle is going to work awesome. We went 10.93 with a baby shot of nitrous (100), auto trans, 4.10s, off-road X, CAI and some mickeys/racestars on the stock manifold. We're thinking the addition of this manifold is worth maybe 20-30RWHP with nitrous... maybe more... probably more with centrifugal charger or a turbo setup. So that should drop the E/T quite a bit.

assasinator

1000hp turbo 4v
Reaction score
yes. its a 82mm unit. it outflows the stock 80mm. it does not require a tune or anything else. im sure all of the vendors will have it soon.

im pretty active looking for exactly the parts i want. i KNOW the boss manifold with proper exhaust, cams, throttle body, and high enough flowing CAI will be beastly. once i install the boss intake one of my last steps is 1 3/4" to 1 7/8" stepped longtube headers. cams will be last. im probably getting a custom grind though. ill consult manufacturers for what they offer and what i need. then lastly an E85 tune.

if it turns out i need 8200-8500 ill find a used coyote and build a forged 9k rpm ready motor and use my stuff on that long block. thats the plan.

i guess i might get the heads done, but not in the sense most think. leave the ports alone and add 39mm SS intake valves and aftermarket exhaust valves. titanium if they exist. 5 angle valve job and let it rip.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back