2012 Boss 302R Intake Manifold - AmericanMuscle Pre-Order

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
sorry to thread jack but why almost every body prefere DR vs ET street??? i run with 26X10.5-15 and the grip is great... will the M/T DR work better at the same size????

NO!!! You have the correct tire IMO. Your car being a manual would not hook as good with a drag radial. Keep what you have. There is no way you could launch at 6000 to 6500 like you do with a DR. Your car would spin and your 60 foot times would suffer.

fordracing19

Reaction score
You have that backwards.
Sort of depends on the manufacturer, the M/T drag radial are more like a slick, their et streets are more like what others call a drag radial. so i have M&H drag radials and M/T equivalant would be an ET Streets. Typically the drag radials are DOT certified for street driving, the slicks aren't, in Montana they dont seem to care but i know other states you'll get in trouble for running a slick on the streets.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
NO!!! You have the correct tire IMO. Your car being a manual would not hook as good with a drag radial. Keep what you have. There is no way you could launch at 6000 to 6500 like you do with a DR. Your car would spin and your 60 foot times would suffer.

That is exactly what i was thinking i will go 4.10 and step it up to 28X11.5-15 and see what happen..

WELL WELL,,, SORRY --- LEST GET BACK TO THE TOPIC BECAUSE I AM CURIOUS HOW THE INTAKE WILL WORK FOR ME N/A FOR NOW...

THANKS EVERYBODY

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
That is exactly what i was thinking i will go 4.10 and step it up to 28X11.5-15 and see what happen..

WELL WELL,,, SORRY --- LEST GET BACK TO THE TOPIC BECAUSE I AM CURIOUS HOW THE INTAKE WILL WORK FOR ME N/A FOR NOW...

THANKS EVERYBODY

3.90 will be the best bet for rear gear. :thumb2:

4.10 will require you to shift into 5th with a 28" tire.

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
We're about to put in the converter and long tubes, and go back to the track caged (next weekend, not tomorrow but the following week). This is why we got the slicks. Our last 60ft. was 1.49, any guesses what it'll be with the converter, longtubes?

I'd love to see how close someone gets to the real 60ft.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
I actually cut better 60 fts with MT DR's tthen i did with a full slick. 1.60 with DR'sto a 1.67 with slicks...I think a lot comes down to track prep also. I think with rest my suspension work i will cut easy 1.5 60fts with teh long tubes as well. Then with blower ome 1.4s on DR's then drive home on them.

drewzx3

forum member
Reaction score
We're about to put in the converter and long tubes, and go back to the track caged (next weekend, not tomorrow but the following week). This is why we got the slicks. Our last 60ft. was 1.49, any guesses what it'll be with the converter, longtubes?

I'd love to see how close someone gets to the real 60ft.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back