2012 Boss 302R Intake Manifold - AmericanMuscle Pre-Order

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
Anybody see the Fubruary issue of "Muscle Mustangs"?
One of the cars in the 5.0 shootout had a "prototype" manifold that looked just like the 302R manifold except it had a dual barrel throttle on it.

Rick has said that they don't think Ford is going to do anything with that design.

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
This one?

Livernois by jsnyng, on Flickr

Hey! That's me. Thanks for the vey clean scan!

Here's a large pic of the manifold.

frpp.jpg

The car ran quicker that day, but the official shootout was over...

-Rick

assasinator

1000hp turbo 4v
Reaction score
Hey! That's me. Thanks for the vey clean scan!

Here's a large pic of the manifold.

frpp.jpg

The car ran quicker that day, but the official shootout was over...

-Rick

that is not the manifold we are geting as far as i know its identical to the boss piece.

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
that is not the manifold we are geting as far as i know its identical to the boss piece.

You are correct, I didn't mean to cause confusion. I apologize. In a previous post above Full_Tilt mentioned the manifold on our car and GeorgeInNePa posted the MMFF photo, and I posted a larger pic of it. The manifold on our car is a prototype and will not be produced.

-Rick

jsnyng

Reaction score
You are correct, I didn't mean to cause confusion. I apologize. In a previous post above Full_Tilt mentioned the manifold on our car and jsnyng posted the MMFF photo, and I posted a larger pic of it. The manifold on our car is a prototype and will not be produced.

-Rick

Fixed it for 'ya. If you want the full-size scan, here's the link.

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Dyno results will be up a little later this week. While this manifold does lose a little bit of low-mid range power on a naturally aspirated car, it gains as much as 58RWHP from 7000 and up! It smooths out the whole powerband, and when used with nitrous (like we did) it's a huge increase! We have plenty of before/after testing - as well as some track footage to share with you.

Let's start off with the JLT intake, which fits perfectly... like it was made for it. We tested the Airaid intake, which also fits, but you have to trim a half inch off of each side of the coupler to the throttle body. The C&L intake fits. The Steeda works with the 2010 steeda elbow. We decided to use the JLT plastic intake for all of our testing because it seems to fit the best and we loved the horsepower/torque results!

So anyway...

We went to the track again today with our 2011 Automatic GT with the NEW JLT plastic cold air intake and Boss Intake manifold... and here's how we did. Beautiful day, about 50 degrees, partly cloudy... track was prepped really ****ty, but it is what it is...

11.64 @ 117.75 MPH with 4.10 gears, off-road x-pipe, Boss manifold, L&M throttle body, JLT plastic CAI and Bama 93 Race tune, stock trans, stock manifold, stock converter, mickey thompsons with racestar industries wheels

10.43 @ 130 MPH with all of the same mods as above plus 150 shot from an NX wet kit, nozzle.

track3.jpg

track2.jpg

track4.jpg

track1.jpg

KonaGT

forum member
Reaction score
I bet a converter would make a nice difference on that car.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
130 trap is crazy too

I just hope to slip into the 10s at mid 120s with a 100-125 shot

KonaGT

forum member
Reaction score
Ya, that pickup in MPH with the nitrous definately shows more power than 150.

What were you guys able to launch at with the stock converter? What were you shifting at and did you notice what the RPM's dropped to on gear changes?

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
We were shifting at 7500 in every gear. We tried everything from 7300-8000, and the 7500 mark is perfect for us with the combo we have and the 4.10s. The manifold made 58RWHP at 7400RPM (dyno graph on our product page at midnight) so I think that was alot of the MPH. Cecil county shut us down when we picked up our timeslip, though. Next time we went up to the line they went in the trunk to make sure the nitrous was off.... cage time! :/

Really couldn't do much footbraking on the stock converter without the car wanting to roll. I think we were able to get about 1600-2000 RPM out of it. I'll have to ask Mike what it dropped to after a shift, but I think it was like 5000ish.

I can't wait to get this Circle D converter installed and head back!

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
im interested to see how well the shortblock holds up with a 150 shot.

i honestly think that they will hold ok for a while, but a 125 would be "safer". only time will tell.

SPP

Reaction score
sorry to thread jack but why almost every body prefere DR vs ET street??? i run with 26X10.5-15 and the grip is great... will the M/T DR work better at the same size????

In my 8 second car, I've gotten my best 60ft with the DR over a full slick. Streetcars use radials, racecars use slicks! They are also way more stable up top, and I find them more consistent. The DR's prefer the autos more so than a stick car when making bigger power though.

Last edited:

Mishri

forum member
Reaction score
Sort of depends on the manufacturer, the M/T drag radial are more like a slick, their et streets are more like what others call a drag radial. so i have M&H drag radials and M/T equivalant would be an ET Streets. Typically the drag radials are DOT certified for street driving, the slicks aren't, in Montana they dont seem to care but i know other states you'll get in trouble for running a slick on the streets.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back