2014 Coolant

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I got my car in 2014 and need to drain and fill the radiator. The stuff looks red to me. I can't find any motorcraft red coolant. Am I missing something here?

ddd4114

forum member
Reaction score
Mine looked red too, but the service manual specifies Motorcraft Orange. I just use Prestone Orange coolant (basically a Dex-Cool alternative) from Autozone, and it's been fine. I remember comparing the specifications for the two when I first needed to drain the coolant, and they were compatible; I think the spec is WSS-M97B44-D.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Also, make sure you back-flush the system to get everything out of the motor and...properly dispose of that waste. :D

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Back-flush? Is that something I'm going to need to bring it in for?

KRS

Reaction score
Just my opinion, I’d go to the dealer and get the factory anti-freeze. I’d also get deionized water to mix with it. If you system looks clean which it should, then I’d suggest draining it, removing and rinsing the degas bottle (re-install) and then refill with a 50/50 mix. You can’t get all the coolant out of the system and doing the method I suggested will refresh the corrosion inhibitors in your coolant.

Last edited:

travelers

Reaction score
See if you can get one of the vacuum fill system so it gets all the air out of the system. Not sure if you can rent or like some auto parts stores loan you tools. They work great.

SalSnyder

Reaction score
Prestone Dexcool 50/50. Same stuff. Look up the MSDS data sheets for both. Same ingredients. I've had it in my 2014 GT since I installed the Boss 302 oil cooler set last year. No problem.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back