3.4 on a 3V

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So I just may be undertaking this endeavor, I have a few questions however.

I e-mailed Whipple twice within the past two months with no reply.

I have a 2.3L blower right now. Does anyone know the difference between the 3.4L inter-cooler and intake plenum and the 2.3L inter-cooler and intake plenum. I can make the adapter plate work myself, I just wanted to know if the intake plenum and/or inter-cooler was bigger for the 3.4L?

Also someone local said that the snout on the 2.3L just might work for the 3.4L, is this true?

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I know first hand that Adam at ST Motorsports has installed (3) 3.4 Whipples on the 4.6 3v.

However, that being said, why not just go with the KB 2.8H Mammoth kit?

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am considering either. I am leaning toward the 3.4L as of now as I may be able to make it work without having to buy another blower kit.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
fwiw if you notice everyone who was running the 3.4 ( track-wise ) removed it and went with a 2.8 ....ie ken3030 ( who btw ran faster .... )

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am considering either. I am leaning toward the 3.4L as of now as I may be able to make it work without having to buy another blower kit.

Ok I get it---I didn't realize you already had a 2.3 whipple. I believe you do need a different intake, as the compressor is obviously larger, but not sure on that. I will talk to Ken tomorrow---we are both racing at the PSCA event (2nd day) and I will see him before eliminations tomorrow.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok I get it---I didn't realize you already had a 2.3 whipple. I believe you do need a different intake, as the compressor is obviously larger, but not sure on that. I will talk to Ken tomorrow---we are both racing at the PSCA event (2nd day) and I will see him before eliminations tomorrow.

It would be awesome if you could get back to me. The more I know the better, I have all fall/winter to dig up this info!!

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ya, I just read this thread and I think making the 3.4L is a little past my ambitions and possibly not right for my goal. Plus every time I mention it people tell me to go 2.8H Mammoth! EDIT: or turbo

Last edited:

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
just sell the blower and buy the 2.8, KB.... is smarter i think.....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back