305s up front for the street?

Champale

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted some feedback on running 305s up front - will there be too much tramlining or other issues? Currently running 285/35/19 RE-11s on 19x10s square on my Boss and am very happy with them overall but was thinking about 11" wheels and 305/30/19s up front (maybe square or with 325/30/19 rear, either RE-11s or R888s).

Car has KW V3s, MM cc plates, LCAs, relos, UCA, PHB, PH brace. The car is pretty neutral with a slight oversteer bias as set up currently and I drive it on sunny day backroad runs.

Thank you in advance.

John

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
It's fine. You don't really need that much tire for the street anyway. If you do, you're not safe

Champale

forum member
Reaction score
Hah well sometimes my 'wants' and my 'needs' are not always the same.

Do you think a 19x11 ET53 would work up front with 305s?

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
I know there are some 300+ front tire guys on this site, but I wouldn't be able to guarantee they'd work with your desired ride height or factory fenders. Maybe with enough camber and the perfect offset, but otherwise you may be entering into the "try it and see" realm.

Champale

forum member
Reaction score
csamsh - Thank you for your input. Without the spacer, is it tire contact on the coilover that would occur or is it the upper swaybar endlink bolt (which I have already trimmed down). Or something else?

Paul@Howey is the one who suggested that spec for the front Forgestar 19x11s. EDIT: just realized he recommended ET52 not 53. Not that 1mm should make much difference.

neema

forum member
Reaction score
If you want 11" forgestars, call Vorshlag

+1 to the Vorshlag comment.

52 offset for an 11" wheel sounds like rear fitment. If Howey suggested a that for the front, you won't be able to get the wheels on. You'll need an offset in the low 30/high 20 range depending on how your V3 strut is adjusted for camber with the slotted holes.

edit: sorry, I was thinking 18s. 19s will let you run a higher offset. I don't have any experience with 19x11s up front.

Last edited:

Champale

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you, neema - I was hoping that you would chime in because I know you have a lot of experience with wheel/tire fitments. I think the ET52 is a rear fitment, too. I will need to double check with the Howey and Vorshlag if I go that direction. I don't want to be the guinea pig!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
edit: sorry, I was thinking 18s. 19s will let you run a higher offset. I don't have any experience with 19x11s up front.
Slightly higher offset, yes. There's only so much you can gain by moving only 1/2" upward along the strut. 3, maybe 3.5 mm. Don't want people thinking they might get 8 or 10.

Norm

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back