350-360whp possible?

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
hey guys, new to this forum. i have a 05 manual GT with full bolt ons and comp stage 2 nsr's. havent dynoed it yet but it has a great tune. do u think 350-360whp is possible with the new c&l or frpp intake manifold? im still on the fence with those intakes. they dont make much more on a bolt on car and i havent seen a dyno with a car similiar to mine.

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

If you give your full mod list folks may be able to give a better idea. IMO, I think 350ish is a bit optimistic but maybe doable on a dynojet and a perfect tune (if you have every bolt on possible). It depends on the dyno and conditions as well. I personally have no experience with either of those intakes but from what I have 'read', neither net impressive gains on a NA setups, especially for the $.

Your goal should be the fastest trap speed and ET possible. Peak dyno numbers doesn't necessarily mean your as fast as you can be and usually mean nothing. Dyno's are a tuning tool and every dyno varies between one another.

With that said good luck with the stang and happy modding.

;)

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
i have a C&L racer, steeda plates and pullies, custom tune, pypes Lt's, off road h, mac axle back, 4.10's, bunch of suspension stuff. and yea im mainly going for trap speed. (im kind of a street racer and i dont really care how much power the engine makes below 5500rpms) et isnt as important to me. id like to be 112+ and it looks to be possible but im going to need a very good setup.

Last edited:

Jucostud

booooost'd
Reaction score
I'm at 344rwhp and I've got the same mods as u. Only real differance is I have spr stage 2's. I'd say with out the intake manifold u would make around 330rwhp. At 330 u aren't gonna make 20hp. I just bought the c&l intake off of somebody on this site. I'm probably going to throw it on this month to see what I make. Then after taxes I'll get the Whipple monoblade throttle body. This way everyone can see the results for each mod on a full bolt on, cam setup, s197. Even if I don't make much more power, shifting the power band higher in the rpms should let me trap higher right?

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
i didnt think the spr cams were worth the extra price or labor. the flow numbers on the head from .450 to .540 change very little plus modulars dont need large camshafts. i was guessing i might be at 340whp but ill take 330. i can see 10-15 from the manifold but i wanna see more independent testing on cam cars.

jucostud, do you have any track times with your current setup? also i cant wait for u to dyno with the C&L, i want to see if cams make it worth it.

Last edited:

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
well matt d gained 9whp with the frpp intake with a bolt on car so i guess im hoping 15whp wont be out of the question with a cammed car. if not oh well. i will wait till spring/summer anyways and see more dynos. if they still dont do much, ill just make the car lighter.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back