3V to Coyote; Return or Returnless-ish?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
A return style system also lowers the temperature of the fuel. Which can help reduce the chances of detonation and vapor lock.
No.
Return style puts heated fuel back in tank. Can cause fuel boiling in tank and fuel puke out of filler at HPDE days. Guess why my fox became a 93 Cobra clone.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Everyone will have their own opinion on what works, how it works, and what is best. For me i have a return style system even with my car being n/a. I have less chance of leaning my car out when i go wot than if i was returnless.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Everyone will have their own opinion on what works, how it works, and what is best. For me i have a return style system even with my car being n/a. I have less chance of leaning my car out when i go wot than if i was returnless.
A coyote will never go lean. It shuts the throttle if it cant maintain sufficient fuel flow. And with a return style setup, you remove the pcm control of fuel pressure. Seems to me, there is more of a danger of going lean. And NA it needs to go really lean to do damage.
Just sayin', everyone has their opinion. And mine is, stock is the most reliable. ;)

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Coyote's go lean all the time lol. Less chance of going lean, hence why every big hp coyote switches to a return style system. Im not stock.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Coyote's go lean all the time lol. Less chance of going lean, hence why every big hp coyote switches to a return style system. Im not stock.
If they go lean, the tune has turned off too many safeties. Probably because these are a bugger to tune unless you disable a ton of shit. If tuner cant get it to do what he wants without turning shit off, than yea, they can go lean.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back