4.6L 3V motor, complete with accessories

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Selling a 4.6L IRON BLOCK motor, with 2005 3V heads. Complete long block with all bolt-on accessories, including intake, throttle body, fuel rails and injectors, alternator, power steering, water pump, new PA starter, pulleys, belt, new Royal Purple oil filter, stock exhaust manifolds, stock pressure plate and clutch or a flexplate (your choice), S197 motor mount brackets and adapter plates (already bolted to the block), and anything else as shown in the pics that is attached to the motor. (The transmission as shown is not available.)
Also includes a NEW 2006 engine wiring harness for manual transmission, and a 2006 manual 4.6L GT PCM (compatible with 2005 year models).

Motor has very low miles (under 100).

Asking $3500.

Buyer pays shipping, can pick it up in central Texas, or arrangements can be made to meet in certain parts of the country.

If you do not need the PCM, wiring harness, or some of the items, the price will be reduced.

If you're considering a V6 to V8 swap, I'll include: thermostat housing and radiator hoses, and fuel line (under fender) to fuel rail hose, and stock GT airbox and intake tube. To complete a V6 to V8 swap, you'd probably want to get a/c lines, and exhaust system, transmission, driveshaft, and 8.8 rear end.

v8motor-3sm.jpg

v8motor_s.jpg

v8motor-2sm.jpg

v8motor-1sm.jpg

v8motor-4sm.jpg

hamish

forum member
Reaction score
If you sell this without the harness let me know.
I would be interested, bumpo.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
If its not a boss block wouldn't it be an aluminum black?

Coming from another Mustang, yes. Coming out of something like an Expedition or Explorer, not necessarily. If it was built as some special project, then it could be anything.
Numerous people are using the 4.6L iron blocks in big-power builds. I've helped put a couple of them together locally.

How much would you want for the short block

I'd part it out if the components would be sellable at decent value, such as the heads, covers, etc. A short block would be like a short block you buy, pretty-much just with the rotating assembly, and then anything else you'd want with it. If it's a foundation for a build, you may have most everything else already and just want the shortblock. As such, I was thinking somewhere in the $1800-$2400 range.

Blk02crewinms

Reaction score
If you part it what would you want for the alternator, compressor,power steering, and smog stuff. And the hardware to bolt it all up. Thanks

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
If you part it what would you want for the alternator, compressor,power steering, and smog stuff. And the hardware to bolt it all up. Thanks

Please, one step at a time :)
The block would have to sell first.
To answer your question, the price would be reasonable. :boobies:

Blk02crewinms

Reaction score
Alright I'm sourcing parts for my swap. Thanks Texas. Not trying to rush you just figured I might throw it out there. Thanks again.

OhhFiveGt

forum member
Reaction score
I'd part it out if the components would be sellable at decent value, such as the heads, covers, etc. A short block would be like a short block you buy, pretty-much just with the rotating assembly, and then anything else you'd want with it. If it's a foundation for a build, you may have most everything else already and just want the shortblock. As such, I was thinking somewhere in the $1800-$2400 range.

I'm really just looking for block itself. But I didn't think you want to tear it down that far.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Still available, great swap package here.
It almost went into a project car I was working on getting, but that fell through.
This motor has to go into something :boobies:

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
..bump for still available...
(if I need to take new pics with my name and date on every pic, I will get them :beer:; this is my engine, not someone else's).

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Not separating or tearing it down. I will remove the bolt-ons, like front accessories and intake, but no covers are coming off. Will sell as a complete long-block at a minimum.

Back