4R70W Problem

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Finally got my car out to the track after fixing one problem after another. It's a built tranny (don't know by who) with a Lentech manual valve body & transbrake. During my burn out the car seemed to be missing but came back on. I got my best launch of the day 1.628 60' and when I hit second the car just seemed to bog. Did not rev up like it was slipping but just died out. I shifted to third & it took off. I figured I had lost 2nd gear but the trip home under normal driving, 2nd gear appeared to be working properly. When I got out of traffic I did a short WOT pull in 2nd & everything seemed to be back to normal. I have no idea what is going on but I am wondering if it could possibly have anything to do with doing a second gear burn out? I have done my burnout starting in 1st, shifting to 2nd releasing the line lock & rolling out while still in second and starting in second & rolling out the same way. I will try to get back to the track on Friday to test doing my burnout in 1st only but I think I may have a transmission issue. I really hope not cause it will be the third time I've had to pull it & it isn't much fun on jackstands & creepers.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

07supercharged

forum member
Reaction score
trans

I had alot of issues to work out . With the speedo hooked up the car did the samething with it undone will take off and run good . My car is a 07 with the 4r70 lentech

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
During my burn out the car seemed to be missing but came back on. I got my best launch of the day 1.628 60' and when I hit second the car just seemed to bog. Did not rev up like it was slipping but just died out. I shifted to third & it took off.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Doesn't sound like a trans issue.

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It did the same thing twice down the track. I'm just confused because it only does it when I hit second. I will do some data logging & see if there is something else going on.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back