550BHP upgrade

saleen836

forum member
Reaction score
I'm at present running my Saleen with the 40bhp Saleen upgrade kit, what would be needed to install the JDM 550 uograde kit?

(I tried the search but came up with nothing)

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The 550 kit was designed by the guys at speedlab and we did the tune work for them. What id suggest is going to these parts with your current 475 kit and you will make the same power as a 550 with out spending so much money...

3.20 pulley
Belt
Vacuum line kit
Tuner
GT500 fuel system
Autolites pregapped at .030"

This will get you 475 RWHP and about 550 at the eninge. Right now you make about 400 at the tires with the saleen kit so that will add 75 HP to your car!

JimIII

saleen836

forum member
Reaction score
The 550 kit was designed by the guys at speedlab and we did the tune work for them. What id suggest is going to these parts with your current 475 kit and you will make the same power as a 550 with out spending so much money...

3.20 pulley
Belt
Vacuum line kit
Tuner
GT500 fuel system

This will get you 475 RWHP and about 550 at the eninge. Right now you make about 400 at the tires with the saleen kit so that will add 75 HP to your car!

JimIII
Thanks Jim, am already running the GT500 fuel system and Autolites
what is the vacuum line kit used for? (is this to reroute the pipes from Saleen stock?)
Do you supply the tune I would require?

Thanks
Steve

06281SC

forum member
Reaction score
Steve,
I will be installing the kit jim described over the x-mas break (including the Roush tensioner). I will let you know how it works out..

Eric

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jim, am already running the GT500 fuel system and Autolites
what is the vacuum line kit used for? (is this to reroute the pipes from Saleen stock?)
Do you supply the tune I would require?

Thanks
Steve

The vacuum line kit simply re routes the line coming off the boost accuator going to the brake booster and brings it to the boost port on the supercharger between the 7 and 8 intake runner (back two driverside)

This allows the accuator inside the blower to open and close like it should rather than when its hooked up to the brake booster like currently the valve stays open and it generates heat and makes the boost respond slower.

So adding our vacuum line kit will make the boost more responsive and keep the blower running slightly cooler.

YES!!! we can certainly provide an awesome tune for you! call me with the specs of your car when your ready and i can email a tune if you already have a programmer or set you up with an Xcal 2

Stolen 98

forum member
Reaction score
3.20 pulley
Belt
Vacuum line kit
Tuner
GT500 fuel system
Roush Tensioner
60lb injectors
SALEEN Ultimate Air kit

JDM TUNE

This is the exact setup I'm running and my first time at the track I ran an
11.47 @ 118mph...best pass of the year was an 11.44 @ 120mph.

All I have to say is you better have some good tires...

You can see a video of me wasting a built GTO in the kills section.

saleen836

forum member
Reaction score
Steve,
I will be installing the kit jim described over the x-mas break (including the Roush tensioner). I will let you know how it works out..

Eric
Thanks Eric, let me know how it all goes!

The vacuum line kit simply re routes the line coming off the boost accuator going to the brake booster and brings it to the boost port on the supercharger between the 7 and 8 intake runner (back two driverside)

This allows the accuator inside the blower to open and close like it should rather than when its hooked up to the brake booster like currently the valve stays open and it generates heat and makes the boost respond slower.

So adding our vacuum line kit will make the boost more responsive and keep the blower running slightly cooler.

YES!!! we can certainly provide an awesome tune for you! call me with the specs of your car when your ready and i can email a tune if you already have a programmer or set you up with an Xcal 2
Jim, will definately be contacting you in the new year! unfortunately construction work over here is not good at present so I'm having to be careful with money, I will need a tuner though as at present I'm running the Saleen stock tune for 475bhp

saleen836

forum member
Reaction score

Jim, can you give me a guide price for an Xcal from you supplied with a tune?

I can get an idea of costing then

thanks
Steve

MSgt46270

Reaction score

Any pictures of this setup installed? (vacuum line kit)

06281SC

forum member
Reaction score
Steve,
I installed the Stage II kit over the holiday. Put in the Dual Pumps, Roush Tensioner, 3.2 Pulley etc... Overall the install was relatively easy (and I am a complete amateur).

Since you already have the pumps in, you should not have much of a problem at all. I will tell you, the car is a completely different animal than it was before. Throttle response is unreal and the blower kicks in instantly. I haven't pushed it too hard yet as I am still trying to get used to the throttle and additional power. The 475 kit is a JOKE compared to this. I would highly recommend making the upgrade...

saleen836

forum member
Reaction score
Steve,
I installed the Stage II kit over the holiday. Put in the Dual Pumps, Roush Tensioner, 3.2 Pulley etc... Overall the install was relatively easy (and I am a complete amateur).

Since you already have the pumps in, you should not have much of a problem at all. I will tell you, the car is a completely different animal than it was before. Throttle response is unreal and the blower kicks in instantly. I haven't pushed it too hard yet as I am still trying to get used to the throttle and additional power. The 475 kit is a JOKE compared to this. I would highly recommend making the upgrade...
Thanks Eric, as soon as work picks up and I have spare cash I will be on the phone ordering parts! :thumb:

SaleenSweden

Reaction score
This is how it look after i installed the vaccum line kit on my car

Can anyone of u guys tell me if this is correct installed?

Attachments

• SV104940.JPG
    SV104940.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 83
  • SV104942.JPG
    SV104942.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 86

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back