550BHP upgrade

saleen836

forum member
Reaction score
Wow didn't realise it had been that long sonce I started this thread!
Well the economy over here has picked up a bit and I will be in a position by end of June to go ahead with this upgrade.
Is telephoning JDM direct the best way to proceed?

Will just need a new belt and a tuner with tune installed, already have a 3.2 pulley, vacuum pipes re-routed and autolites/gt500 pumps installed.

What is the cost for the belt and tuner with tune?

Cheers

Last edited:

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes just call or email if you like! My direct email is [email protected] or call 732-780-0770 we would be happy to help you with what you need!

saleen836

forum member
Reaction score
Big thanks to JimIII and JDM for their brilliant service and communication, the upgrade to a 3.2 pulley with re-tune has been done and my car road tested, didn't realise there would be that much of an improvement...very impressed :)
Next step is to get it on a RR just to make sure the AF is ok across the rev range and to get a bhp reading.

What AF readings should I be getting for it to be safe?

Thanks again :thumb:

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You want to see it around 12:1 air fuel ratio

saleen836

forum member
Reaction score
Update-
had the car on the rolling road today,here is the result...

2r2vzae.jpg

Power down and AF not right.

Have been in contact with Jim @ JDM and just waiting for him to get back to me with a correction.

Last edited:

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
I cant make out the a/f what was it. The horsepower is not too far off, the 550 kit is crank not rear wheel hp. Also what were the conditions during the runs. Temp and humidity. That would tell some.

saleen836

forum member
Reaction score
I cant make out the a/f what was it. The horsepower is not too far off, the 550 kit is crank not rear wheel hp. Also what were the conditions during the runs. Temp and humidity. That would tell some.

The A/F is reading between 10 and 10.5 so a bit rich, I know the 550 is @ crank so a fair way to go to get close to the stated output. No humidity over here in England to speak of and temp was approx 15c on the day.

Back