8.62 @ 160 mph - go pro vid inside the car

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I didn't plan on making Street Car Super Nationals my testing place, but it worked out that way as I missed two previous opportunities to test.

The video below is only my second full pass ever on this new combo - since I decided to enter open comp - the qualifying passes I was lifting at 1,000 feet.

So this particular run is round 2 of eliminations. I ended up running a 8.62 @ 160.14 mph. I ended up winning by only .007 of a second - the slower car got a 3+ second head start which you can see through the windshield. I scaled the car and it weighs 3395lbs with me in it. I still have the nitrous converter in there from my last combo, so there is definitely opportunity in the front half as my best 60' all weekend was only a 1.291.

Anyway the car pulls easily to 8,000 rpm and has some good top end - mph difference from the 1/8th to the 1/4 is about 34 mph. The car sounds amazing going down the track.

I think when this is all said and done the car will be a solid 8.40 car which will allow me to run 8.50 and 8.60 index almost anywhere - as these passes were in Las Vegas, where the track elevation is 2,300 or so.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nice passes, any conclusion yet on the bug catcher?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am going back to Famoso (Bakersfield) on December 1st - there I plan on doing back to back runs with it on and off to see if there is any difference. If no difference, I am going to take it off. It does have purpose, especially for an NA car - but I can't get used to the look of it with a cowl.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
pro stock scoop time :)

porter_mustang.jpg

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
nice passes, any conclusion yet on the bug catcher?
I would be interested to see results also. On an N/A car it would be interesting to see. I know a lot of Heads Up racers in a lot of classes uses them but they are mainly NOS cars

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Holy cow is that hood ever dancing.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
M/T 315 60 15 PRO Drag Radial

So the hood is fastened by rails / dzus fasteners on each side all the way down the fender and and additional 2 in the front. However I had nothing at the rear of the cowl inboard. I had no idea the cowl of the hood would flex like that, but since the hood is carbon fiber and weighs only 7lbs, I guess its not unexpected. I am adding two more dzus fasteners at the base of the rear of the cowl -- that should fix it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back