a couple small things

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Alright, now i'm normally not one to ask for others opinions but I'd like to hear some on painting the hood...my initial thought was to paint the center black like steeda does to help break up the white since black and white seems to be the theme anyway...not by choice of course. I don't think stripes would flow that great with the contours of the hood. I've also put thought into getting a california special front bumper since i have all intentions of getting the rear bumper eventually. To be honest I think the wheels are killing it for me and I don't like the direction the car is going. My wife wants me to powder coat them black with the chrome lip and i've always been a fan of the foose nitrous wheels myself (black with polished lip)...so i'm open to suggestions.

Sorry for the cruddy pics as it's been raining for the past few days and these were taken with the phone....I have better pics by my laptop at home died. :ugh1:

3680920861_6046eb356b_o.jpg

3680920845_251e1a1a11_o.jpg

current wheels in black as wife suggested.

Neeper-Moxy-Black.jpg

Old pic with current wheels.
URL]

Photoshop somebody did to get an idea of them in black

3681762024_e7a609e9fa_o.jpg

so let's hear it....:idea:

StangPower05

"Pony Up"
Reaction score
Car looks great man! Deff powder coat your rims black, i think it will look Baddasss!! Also, i think the hood looks fine all white, but would also look good with the black center, so its up to you lol!

Gallagher

forum member
Reaction score
i like the wheels in black there not my favoriter wheel just cause i dont like the whole " 2 peice bolt look " but the black / white look is very nice!

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
Why not find a wheel with a polished front and a black accent, that way you get both looks. Not plugging my own style, but it's a thought. I like the powder coat, but is it me or does the lip look white? That's to much IMO....

As far as the hood goes, how about adding a chaser down either side of the cowl. Just on the vertical portions, try it with vinyl first to see how you like it. I've see it done before and it looks pretty sweet, just depends on the car.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
so two votes for all white so far? lol

I forgot to mention I have also thought of SHR flushmount rear quater windows which of course would be white.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Brian, here is my take....since it seems we have the same theme going.

I would definitely stick with your idea with the cowl hood. I am actually planning on doing that when I finally get around to purchasing it. I think you should also get your thrid brake light tinted, that will help finish off the look of the rear. And also, your front turn signals would look good tinted.

As for the wheels, I do like the ones you have, but I think they would look great like they do in your photoshop picture. I think it gives the car a nice touch. Also, in that same general area, why not paint your calipers red? It would give the car a nice touch of color and break up the black and white a bit. Another thing I planned on doing.

I actually like your front end. The CS bumper would look nice, but why not do a fog light delete instead? There is an idea............

And lastly, to be honest, I am really not feeling that GT500 spoiler. I don't think it flows well with your car. It works for some, but in your case, not so much. This was the spoiler I was going to go with as well, but opted to go with the Roush wing.

I hope this helps, but by all means, don't take anything personally. Just trying to give you ideas. This is your car, so feel free to do what you like. Thankfully, we all have different likes and dislikes. Good luck with whatever you decide. You still have a nice car they way it sits right now.

dougie b

Reaction score
im with caligt... the gt500 spoiler has gotta go...and get some smoked turn signals to get rid of the stockers....

as for everything else, id say paint the center of the lip you have black, so it's still similar to the cali special bumper, and paint the grill width of the hood black to have it flow back down the car

powdercoating those wheels black will also look pretty sick, or if i were you get them all blacked out and add a white pinstripe to the lip

either way i love the car we all seem to have the same taste in cars/mods haha

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Why not find a wheel with a polished front and a black accent, that way you get both looks. Not plugging my own style, but it's a thought. I like the powder coat, but is it me or does the lip look white? That's to much IMO....

As far as the hood goes, how about adding a chaser down either side of the cowl. Just on the vertical portions, try it with vinyl first to see how you like it. I've see it done before and it looks pretty sweet, just depends on the car.

This is the kind of feedback i was looking for....so thanks for the responses everybody.

I guess we posted at the same time and I missed yours but the lip would be chome as stated above since that would help to compliment the exhaust tips...I agree white lip with black center would be too much. I've also thought about your idea with the chaser down the hood but have yet to see one on any color mustang, so if you have a pic that'd be even better just to make sure we're thinking the same thing.

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
This is the kind of feedback i was looking for....so thanks for the responses everybody.

I guess we posted at the same time and I missed yours but the lip would be chome as stated above since that would help to compliment the exhaust tips...I agree white lip with black center would be too much. I've also thought about your idea with the chaser down the hood but have yet to see one on any color mustang, so if you have a pic that'd be even better just to make sure we're thinking the same thing.

I have no pictures, it's something I saw in person a few weeks ago, and it looked damn good. I'll see if I can find a picture for you!

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Brian, here is my take....since it seems we have the same theme going.

I would definitely stick with your idea with the cowl hood. I am actually planning on doing that when I finally get around to purchasing it. I think you should also get your thrid brake light tinted, that will help finish off the look of the rear. And also, your front turn signals would look good tinted.

As for the wheels, I do like the ones you have, but I think they would look great like they do in your photoshop picture. I think it gives the car a nice touch. Also, in that same general area, why not paint your calipers red? It would give the car a nice touch of color and break up the black and white a bit. Another thing I planned on doing.

I actually like your front end. The CS bumper would look nice, but why not do a fog light delete instead? There is an idea............

And lastly, to be honest, I am really not feeling that GT500 spoiler. I don't think it flows well with your car. It works for some, but in your case, not so much. This was the spoiler I was going to go with as well, but opted to go with the Roush wing.

I hope this helps, but by all means, don't take anything personally. Just trying to give you ideas. This is your car, so feel free to do what you like. Thankfully, we all have different likes and dislikes. Good luck with whatever you decide. You still have a nice car they way it sits right now.

No offense taken at all, this is the feed back I was looking for as mentioned above. I have thought about foglight delete but i'm one of htese people if i have a switch for foglights I want something mounted somewhere on the front of hte car and the only way i'd relocate them would be with a gt500 front bumper which i really like but it's out of the budget...unless somebody has one that can mount them down low and retain stock headlghts and whatnot. I've always beeen a fan of the roush spoiler and I think both yourself and dougie make a valid point. Then again there is the roush front bumper.....

As far as the 3rd brake light goes...I was on the way home from work and called my buddy and he told me to go get them and bring them up. Long story short I got the taillights tinted and reinstalled them closed the truck and finally realized I forgot the 3rd brake light as well as the two side markers on the rear bumper. lol Way to go Brian! :clap:

As far as the front turn signals go, I do have a set in mind...they have the black housing like the stock headlights and the front lens is clear. I though about smoking what I have or even buying smoked but don't think it would look right.

I'm sorry I don't know you name 07cali, but would you happen to have any pics of your rear end that I can look at?

Forgot to add that painting calipers is definately on the list as well :)

Last edited:

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No offense taken at all, this is the feed back I was looking for as mentioned above. I have thought about foglight delete but i'm one of htese people if i have a switch for foglights I want something mounted somewhere on the front of hte car and the only way i'd relocate them would be with a gt500 front bumper which i really like but it's out of the budget...unless somebody has one that can mount them down low and retain stock headlghts and whatnot. I've always beeen a fan of the roush spoiler and I think both yourself and dougie make a valid point. Then again there is the roush front bumper.....

As far as the 3rd brake light goes...I was on the way home from work and called my buddy and he told me to go get them and bring them up. Long story short I got the taillights tinted and reinstalled them closed the truck and finally realized I forgot the 3rd brake light as well as the two side markers on the rear bumper. lol Way to go Brian! :clap:

As far as the front turn signals go, I do have a set in mind...they have the black housing like the stock headlights and the front lens is clear. I though about smoking what I have or even buying smoked but don't think it would look right.

I'm sorry I don't know you name 07cali, but would you happen to have any pics of your rear end that I can look at?

Forgot to add that painting calipers is definately on the list as well :)

I hear ya Brian. There are so many options with our cars, but from what I have learned is to keep it simple and with in reason. I also think depending on what color mustang you have depends on what exterior mods you do. Some mods just accent different colors better.

Lol, call me Laura. I do have a few shots of the rear of my car. here you go.....
DSCF0452.jpg

DSCF0454.jpg

superfly s197

Mods at bargain prices!
Reaction score
What I would do:

Black out the 3rd brake light, side markers, and turn signals. Leave the hood how it is. Powdercoat the wheels a satin black with a polished lip. Switch the faux cap for an SHR piece. Get the bullitt grille.

The hood and grille is something that could go either way. It looks fine with the stock grille and the Steeda design wouldn't look bad... how its modded now IMO. Getting the CS front and rear bumpers would add too much black and white.

I like how clean and sinister it looks. Not a fan of the wheels with the cowl hood but to each their own :thumb: I say keep it simple and go all white with black accents.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
thanks everybody...

No roush spoiler yet Laura?

Well it's nice to know everybody pretty much has the same thoughts as myself, I just wanted some other opinions. The only one I didn't think of was the rear spoiler and I do agree. To be honest when I bought the car all I knew is what I wanted for an interior and this car happened to have it and some unfortunately it was white outside which was my least favorite car. Needless to say it has grown on me and I will agree with you Laura that some parts fit other colors more than others.

Here are a couple more pics from a couple days ago, still open for suggestions/opinions if anybody wants to chime in.

3680961711_d365ce59a5_o.jpg

3681841868_a7958fe633_o.jpg

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great minds think alike yo!

Roush spoiler just came in the mail this week. Prep/paint/Install will have to wait a bit since Mustang Week is at the end of the month. Money has been completely drained from my pocket lately with tattoos, cars, and other shit. Unless I find a money tree, LOL, yeah right!

The first thing I would do is get those front turn signals taken care of! That will change the look completely for sure!

Good luck Brian....and keep us up to date on the progress!

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of black rims, but they DO look good on YOUR car.

The blacked out tail lights and NOT tinted fronts throw me... are you planning to tint the front and side markers too?

Personally, I like an all white car; would like to see what it'd look like w/ all tinted lights and black rims; IMO would look the cleanest.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
imo i think it looks damn good , but as suggested the front's need to be clear/smoked something they stand out alot , the way i see it is your pretty much going for the same look as me more of a " swept " look , in other words no big side scoops ect. hense why i went with the aggressive chin once i quit dicking around with the motor i plan to add a steeda hood ( which is probably coming real soon i found one local for dirt cheap ) and either the roush or " stalker " spoiler

i think with that setup the body lines flow well the gt500 spoiler does somewhat but still sticks up too much like a ducktail imo ...... all in all looks good though just don't go overboard with the black-out theme

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Not a fan of black rims, but they DO look good on YOUR car.

The blacked out tail lights and NOT tinted fronts throw me... are you planning to tint the front and side markers too?

Personally, I like an all white car; would like to see what it'd look like w/ all tinted lights and black rims; IMO would look the cleanest.

I wasn't planning on the tinted headlgihts because they hav the black housing and I kinda like the look....however I may tint the fog lights alittle bit so they don't look so out of place espeically with hte smoked pony. The side markers i'd like also have a black housing with clear lens so they basically match the headlights.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
im with caligt... the gt500 spoiler has gotta go...and get some smoked turn signals to get rid of the stockers....

as for everything else, id say paint the center of the lip you have black, so it's still similar to the cali special bumper, and paint the grill width of the hood black to have it flow back down the car

powdercoating those wheels black will also look pretty sick, or if i were you get them all blacked out and add a white pinstripe to the lip

either way i love the car we all seem to have the same taste in cars/mods haha

+1 on painting the front lip black. I was thinking that the entire time I was reading the post. I love black cars and white SUV's even though my current SUV is chamelion green. But anyway, the reason I like white SUVs is because of the contrast with the black tinted windows. You just don't have enough black on your car to give contrast.

Blackout the third brake light and blackout the front signals (don't use smoke because it won't match your tails) Keep it consistant. The rear would look better with a Roush wing IMO.

I'm not a fan of black wheels on anything except black benzes, etc.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back