A little transbrake testing on the 6R80

travelers

Reaction score
I know what a transbrake is. I also can only repeat what I read. The transbrake is not holding, cars are creeping, and guys are using better brakes to hold the car still on the line.

I didn't post it as if you didn't know. There maybe other that don't. If that's the case then there probable a clutch or trans oil pressure problem not holding the gears from moving. There is a lot of things in that system that could cause it.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
I have run the 2 and 3 relay on my car for years. It was the testbed on the initial development. That said, I have been running the 2 relay for years without a single issue running mid 1.4 60' times.

There are limits as it isn't a true "transbrake". It simply engages multiple forward gears to create a bind to hold the car in place. It need to be coupled with a two step.

Some time ago there was a car that ran mid-8's with the two relay, two step, 6R80 setup.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/snow-whitte-runs-8-68-with-stock-engine-and-stock-transmission/

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
^ Justin had all of his ducks in a row on that pass. It was great watching it run that # in person.

That was a cool accomplishment for sure!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back