A little transbrake testing on the 6R80

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Doesn't your car have JPC bumpers?

His car has never had JPC bumpers, that was just one of that lying Shaun's fabrications, many of which I poked fun at in this image.

602713_10151706556338712_953724621_n.jpg

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
How is it gossip? That's exactly why I asked if they were the same in the beginning.

If you assume there is "more to the story" because of something you heard, that's gossip.
Man if you spent less time trolling and making posters you coulda had that brake done quite a while ago.

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
His car has never had JPC bumpers, that was just one of that lying Shaun's fabrications, many of which I poked fun at in this image.

At any rate the Universe's fastest N/A "street car" 5.0 is .08 faster than my manual 3 valve on 5.5#s with less suspension mods and similar moneys...With more time with the car the way it was I am sure I could have beat that time.:thumb: If you ask me his car is running right where it should, not some magical thing for a ~400rwhp s197 to go 10.8-9s

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Doesn't your car have JPC bumpers? I know it has long tubes. Wouldn't those two items make it "not" street legal. I find it funny all the talk about your car and 5.0s in general. My car, albeit a FI car, makes very similar power to yours and probably has about the same amount of money in it, if not less, and its not a godly auto either..:deadhorse:

Never has. Imagine what kind of times you could muster if you traded up to a 5.0. I have none of the BS that goes along with a power adder car yet it still run's 10's, all year long.

At any rate the Universe's fastest N/A "street car" 5.0 is .08 faster than my manual 3 valve on 5.5#s with less suspension mods and similar moneys...With more time with the car the way it was I am sure I could have beat that time.:thumb: If you ask me his car is running right where it should, not some magical thing for a ~400rwhp s197 to go 10.8-9s

How much money do you "think" is in my car? One thing not mentioned is building the foundation before the house. I built the foundation so if I want a bigger house my car has what it takes to support it. Your situation is much different. You have a house with a rickety foundation.

On the N/A 5.0 thing....if it was so easy why aren't there more N/A 5.0's in the 10's?
http://www.modularfords.com/threads/185818-Bolt-on-2011-2013-Mustang-GT-5-0-Drag-Racing-ET-List

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Doesn't your car have JPC bumpers? I know it has long tubes. Wouldn't those two items make it "not" street legal. I find it funny all the talk about your car and 5.0s in general. My car, albeit a FI car, makes very similar power to yours and probably has about the same amount of money in it, if not less, and its not a godly auto either..:deadhorse:

Why do you always get involved in threads that have nothing to do with you? Seriously...........

Oh and what makes either of those items not street legal?

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
Why do you always get involved in threads that have nothing to do with you? Seriously...........

Oh and what makes either of those items not street legal?

The same reason your here...what the hell do you care what I do? Well lets see long tubes equals no cats...no cats equals NOT LEGAL. Go look at JPC's website, there is a reason it says OFF ROAD USE ONLY on their bumpers and I'll give you one guess to why it says that. Why don't you ask WBT or Kdanner why they get involved, this thread had nothing to do with them either. LOL at some people on here...
Edit: Better yet if you don't fucking like it put me on your block list or don't click the link.

Last edited:

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
You ask him that when he's always replying to wbt, who is always involved w threads that have nothing to do with him. :crazy:
That a double negative? Divide by 0?!?!

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Never has. Imagine what kind of times you could muster if you traded up to a 5.0. I have none of the BS that goes along with a power adder car yet it still run's 10's, all year long.

What b/s would you be referring to?

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He always seems to follow wbt around and likes to compare his boosted car to a n/a car. If he wants in a few months we can compare boosted to boosted. Fair fight, probably not. Lol. Why am i here? Im here to learn jackass. Also you dont even own a coyote or a 6r80, again i do. Dustin I think they are both here to see it work. I've seen wbt's car at work, most of what I learned was from hanging out with those 2. If he had a brake I'd hate to see what his car could do. It might break some hearts. Btw longtubes doesn't mean no cats, lol. I can tell you I probably have more suspension work than his car and he leaves harder, way harder.

Last edited:

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
He always seems to follow wbt around and likes to compare his boosted car to a n/a car. If he wants in a few months we can compare boosted to boosted. Fair fight, probably not. Lol. Why am i here? Im here to learn jackass. Also you dont even own a coyote or a 6r80, again i do. Dustin I think they are both here to see it work. I've seen wbt's car at work, most of what I learned was from hanging out with those 2. If he had a brake I'd hate to see what his car could do. It might break some hearts. Btw longtubes doesn't mean no cats, lol. I can tell you I probably have more suspension work than his car and he leaves harder, way harder.

LMAO aight in a few months we can compare car for car. If I can make a 430rwhp stick car as fast a ~400rwhp auto car I would hate to see what I will do with 700rwhp. His car leaves no harder than mine (1.47 60') don't be mad. You are right L/Ts dont mean no cats but there are no cats on WBT car I guarantee it. Me comparing a boosted car to a n/a car means nothing considering his car probably makes very similar power to mine and he acts like that shit is a godsend. Whoopty shit you went 10.80s with 400rwhp in a car that should go 10.80s My shit is thrown together with 4.10s and 16" cobra R wheels and stock front 18" and went .08 slower.

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
How much money do you "think" is in my car? One thing not mentioned is building the foundation before the house. I built the foundation so if I want a bigger house my car has what it takes to support it. Your situation is much different. You have a house with a rickety foundation.

On the N/A 5.0 thing....if it was so easy why aren't there more N/A 5.0's in the 10's?
http://www.modularfords.com/threads/185818-Bolt-on-2011-2013-Mustang-GT-5-0-Drag-Racing-ET-List

I went 10.95 in 79 degree weather in Alabama at a local track that no one outside of Huntsville knows about. I can go 10s year around too. I don't know what BS you speak of. I would have zero problems dailying the shit out of my car. You have almost as much in rims/tire(weld RTs) than I do my turbo setup so yea I bet money we are close. Cost wise. Oh and I don't have an auto so there is actually some skill involved making this car move down the track....

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
If you assume there is "more to the story" because of something you heard, that's gossip.
Man if you spent less time trolling and making posters you coulda had that brake done quite a while ago.

You can call it what you want. When the guy doing the tuning says the cars had boost creep, then I see comments here about this car running only 4 psi, of course I'm going to think of the creep. But I made a point to ask if they were the same. Since you then evaded the question and provided only your typical voodoo/kungfu/black magic type response, I then again made the point to use the phrase "If cars at higher elevation and higher boost had creep, and this one has the same parts".

As for the brake, already had it holding/releasing on a button this morning. No voodoo, no kungfu, no black magic. Simple calibration changes and a simple circuit. It needs to be track tested before I deem it of any real use. There's a big difference between a transbrake that functions and a transbrake that is actually of any practical use. Videos that do not show a car hammered down to WOT on the transbrake for several seconds don't at all prove that a transbrake actually holds. If it holds, if it releases quick enough to actually cut a light, if it doesn't damage the trans, then it is something worthy. Until that is all proven, it's just hype. If what I'm doing works to my satisfaction, I'll give the schematic and the calibration info to everyone and won't claim to know a damn thing about kung fu other than visiting the Shaolin temple when I was in China.

DLM

forum member
Reaction score
I do not know anything about electronics on this car at all, but I sure would like to know when a usable 6R80 T-brake becomes available to the public. Thanks.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
The same reason your here...what the hell do you care what I do? Well lets see long tubes equals no cats...no cats equals NOT LEGAL. Go look at JPC's website, there is a reason it says OFF ROAD USE ONLY on their bumpers and I'll give you one guess to why it says that. Why don't you ask WBT or Kdanner why they get involved, this thread had nothing to do with them either. LOL at some people on here...
Edit: Better yet if you don't fucking like it put me on your block list or don't click the link.

LMAO aight in a few months we can compare car for car. If I can make a 430rwhp stick car as fast a ~400rwhp auto car I would hate to see what I will do with 700rwhp. His car leaves no harder than mine (1.47 60') don't be mad. You are right L/Ts dont mean no cats but there are no cats on WBT car I guarantee it. Me comparing a boosted car to a n/a car means nothing considering his car probably makes very similar power to mine and he acts like that shit is a godsend. Whoopty shit you went 10.80s with 400rwhp in a car that should go 10.80s My shit is thrown together with 4.10s and 16" cobra R wheels and stock front 18" and went .08 slower.

I went 10.95 in 79 degree weather in Alabama at a local track that no one outside of Huntsville knows about. I can go 10s year around too. I don't know what BS you speak of. I would have zero problems dailying the shit out of my car. You have almost as much in rims/tire(weld RTs) than I do my turbo setup so yea I bet money we are close. Cost wise. Oh and I don't have an auto so there is actually some skill involved making this car move down the track....

You aren't the sharpest tool in the shed are you? Because JPC lists their headers as OFF ROAD only that means the Pypes headers are the same?

You do realize I have one of these with my exhaust?
http://pypesexhaust.com/i-13475248-3-mustang-catted-x-pipe-for-hdr76s-headers-xfm76.html

Now talking about power adder cars, are you going to tell me you are running cats with your turbo? That will become a fatal mistake if you are and if you aren't, I suppose that doesn't make you street legal.:thumb:

Further more, I really could care less about what your car runs. You have a power adder 3v that has run slower. Why should I care?

The discussion in this tread is about transbrakes. (Which is working as of today on my car. Took us about 1 day to figure out.)

What b/s would you be referring to?

I have far less to worry with than a power adder car. I know I am not going to over boost or worry about a BAP going out causing a lean condition taking the motor with it. Less shit to go wrong, less shit to worry about.

I can tell you I probably have more suspension work than his car and he leaves harder, way harder.

kdanner has been on my ass about getting rid of the stock struts and shocks for some time. Maybe next year.

Last edited:

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
You aren't the sharpest tool in the shed are you? Because JPC lists their headers as OFF ROAD only that means the Pypes headers are the same?

You do realize I have one of these with my exhaust?
http://pypesexhaust.com/i-13475248-3-mustang-catted-x-pipe-for-hdr76s-headers-xfm76.html
You have a 530 dollar mid pipe. Yea you probably have more in your car then I do.Lol
Now talking about power adder cars, are you going to tell me you are running cats with your turbo? That will become a fatal mistake if you are and if you aren't, I suppose that doesn't make you street legal.:thumb:
I'm not the one throwing around "street legal" I never claimed any such thing

Further more, I really could care less about what your car runs. You have a power adder 3v that has run slower. Why should I care? More weight, similar power, similar money and stick only .08 faster lol

The discussion in this tread is about transbrakes. (Which is working as of today on my car. Took us about 1 day to figure out.)

I have far less to worry with than a power adder car. I know I am not going to over boost or worry about a BAP going out causing a lean condition taking the motor with it. Less shit to go wrong, less shit to worry about.

I don't have to worry about that stuff either lol You were talking about foundations earlier, how much faster will you be able to go n/a? Sky's the limit with the new setup for me...

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
You can call it what you want. When the guy doing the tuning says the cars had boost creep, then I see comments here about this car running only 4 psi, of course I'm going to think of the creep. But I made a point to ask if they were the same.
No, if you wanted to know why one had creep and one didn't you would have asked. Instead you probed with a question that had an ulterior motive as you two always do. Hoping some minute detail is forgotten so you can call someone a liar.

Since you then evaded the question and provided only your typical voodoo/kungfu/black magic type response, I then again made the point to use the phrase "If cars at higher elevation and higher boost had creep, and this one has the same parts".
I didn't evade the question. I asked why you wanted to know. There was no voodoo response. If I evaded it I would have skipped over the question and ignored it.

Videos that do not show a car hammered down to WOT on the transbrake for several seconds don't at all prove that a transbrake actually holds. If it holds, if it releases quick enough to actually cut a light, if it doesn't damage the trans, then it is something worthy. Until that is all proven, it's just hype.
Now that shit's funny lol. Everybody knows the brake works. You can see in the video the suspension didn't load up at all. But you could drive it yourself and you wouldn't believe it because of who is showing it. Would be he same if AED did it. If it was Daniel, Lund or anyone else, it would be a completely different story. But I'm sure if you figure it out, it won't he hype right? It will some how be different than what we've already shown is possible. You need a new routine.

If what I'm doing works to my satisfaction, I'll give the schematic and the calibration info to everyone and won't claim to know a damn thing about kung fu other than visiting the Shaolin temple when I was in China.
I'd head back to the Shaolin temple if your brake needs a calibration. If you do it right there is no hex editing needed, and nothing to hand out.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
I'd head back to the Shaolin temple if your brake needs a calibration. If you do it right there is no hex editing needed, and nothing to hand out.

Don't get ahead of yourself. The changes made in the calibration were part of troubleshooting.

Remember the wrench light you guys kept getting? Well, that isn't an issue. :evillaugh:

It will all be relayed and wired up in the next few days. :thumb:

Right now it is Santa time. :beer:

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score

Hex editing, ROFL. Speak not of that which you know absolutely nothing about. Simple scalar changes, nothing more, most of which are not present in SCT's software so too bad for anyone who doesn't have anything better.

Also no diodes, no extra solenoids, no resistors, no capacitors. No extra hardware at all other than relays, no need to hide anything in a little plastic box. Your own picture tells me either you aren't using the maximum amount of clutch available to hold, or you aren't maxing line pressure. If you were there would be a minimum of 8 wires just for the brake coming out of your cute little box.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
8 wires? Lol, sounds like to took the long road to get the same as what we got in 3 wires. If you had any idea what you were doing you'd know you're in over your head. Dick up line pressures and it wipes out an already weak modular motor thrust bearing from converter push, then subsequently oil pump gears. Can you guess what comes after oil pump gears? So be careful when you max line pressures all willy nilly.
Have you also thought of the consequences of using the "maximum amount of clutches" available, if they don't all release at the EXACT same moment? It's never occurred to you why any other transbrake on the market only uses two circuits to operate? Guessing not. I'd head back to the drawing board.
If we can hold 600+ft/lbs, I'd say we have enough. My cute little box included the brake AND antilag,....and still less wiring than yours? Hmmmmmm
Dammit, I might have to make my brake available just to keep you from botching a whole lotta stuff up that belongs to people who buy into your "hype."

Don't get ahead of yourself. The changes made in the calibration were part of troubleshooting.

Remember the wrench light you guys kept getting? Well, that isn't an issue. :evillaugh:

It will all be relayed and wired up in the next few days. :thumb:

Right now it is Santa time. :beer:

The wrench light we kept getting? Lmfao I gotta find the text where we used the vid w the light on purpose just to fuck with you and your buddies. You got played like a fiddle son. If we really didn't want anyone to know about the wrench light, Chris wouldn't have shot an inside video w it clear as day. Come on man, think.

If you guys knew half of what you thought you did, you might be dangerous.
You didn't just use the calibration for troubleshooting, or there would be no calibration info to hand out. Our brake doesn't need a calibration change. Hence one of the reasons I rented a 6cyl car. I have no xcal, or tuning capabilites for a 6cyl, yet was able to do it w no calibration changes. Just a small price to pay to show it's purely hardware and not tune related. Few steps ahead of ya :thumb2:
Can you imagine the headache when the calibration changes because the strategy changes from car to car or year to year? What about changes made to the templates that SCT ALWAYS changes for no rhyme or reason? That plays hell with tuners on a normal basis as is. Like the recent aircharge multiplier randomly changing a few weeks ago. Boy what a cluster that is going to be w a trans tune. Good luck though lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back