A little transbrake testing on the 6R80

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Some One says -100 DA.... Just looked on drag times, closer to +900

Post up the full timeslip(s) with the date/time.

Just looked myself for 12/19 at Bradenton. Schedule shows T&T from 6-11PM. http://www.bradentonmotorsports.com/calander.html

DA at roughly 6PM was +576. (according to Dragtimes)
DA at roughly 11PM was -46. (according to Dragtimes)

You say it was +900 and you are going off what dragtimes states which isn't always accurate.

So which is it, did you have a weather station with you at the track to know the exact DA or was this testing done on a different day/time/track? Based on the comments in the other thread this happened on 12/19.

I dunno how many places I have to say, or post that I have a converter..but you gotta grab on to anything you can to try and make an argument lol.

Tell that to your buddy. He thinks your car is bone stock minus his parts.

How can anyone take anything you guys say seriously?

...and people think I am the "bad guy" because I don't buy into the hype.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Been standing by for MONTHS.....
You can continue to stand by. Do us a favor and try holding your breathe, see if it comes any faster.

That converter is bone stock. Yessir.
Oh christ, I forgot a mod lol. One Chris already mentioned he had. Watch out for the mod Nazi.

JPC Coyote Stock car is what you call a gutted race car weighing in under 3000lbs. for that 9 second pass. Completely not street legal.
Their racecar is more racecar than your racecar. Check.
I do like how in this conversation you think the JPC car is so light weight. Other times when you troll, the car is a "heavier platform" to fit your argument. You troll so hard you do it in circles and don't even remember doing it. Arguing w you is like dangling yarn in front of a kitten. Kitten is having a blast but no idea why it's being laughed at.

Re: N/A 5.4 in the 9's, sure in a paperweight of a car. JPC has done it with the 5.0 in a heavier platform. Both are great accomplishments none the less.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1189782&postcount=144
Remember that? JPC was too slow for your arguement and you tried to bulk it up. Now it's too fast and it's "gutted and not street legal." Flip flop

For someone who likes to say dynos don't matter, you sure cling to DA as an excuse and talking point an aweful lot. Found that odd. Anyways,..

There is always more to the story with you guys.
There's nothing more. We've been up front about everything. Now, a simple intake swap dropping so much ET when there was a pic of a similar intake, plumbed w nitrous in a photobucket account that has mysteriously disappeared. Let's talk about that story! Sure there's "more to the story" though. Or why you're still resting on the accomplishments of others. Go back to pounding your chest about datalogging and hacking together cai's. Or what ever it is you do when not making a fool of yourself.

Last edited:

Chris5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Post up the full timeslip(s) with the date/time.

Just looked myself for 12/19 at Bradenton. Schedule shows T&T from 6-11PM. http://www.bradentonmotorsports.com/calander.html

DA at roughly 6PM was +576. (according to Dragtimes)
DA at roughly 11PM was -46. (according to Dragtimes)

You say it was +900 and you are going off what dragtimes states which isn't always accurate.

So which is it, did you have a weather station with you at the track to know the exact DA or was this testing done on a different day/time/track? Based on the comments in the other thread this happened on 12/19.

Looking at my time slip it does say 20/dec/2013 But that is a Friday and TNT was that Thursday....I can admit when im wrong. We don't hide stuff man. it was based off what I just looked up from what the time slip says.

Weather station...no, used Drag Times just like you.

Chris5.0

forum member
Reaction score
There's nothing more. We've been up front about everything. Now, a simple intake swap dropping so much ET when there was a pic of a similar intake, plumbed w nitrous in a photobucket account that has mysteriously disappeared. Let's talk about that story! Sure there's "more to the story" though. Or why you're still resting on the accomplishments of others. Go back to pounding your chest about datalogging and hacking together cai's. Or what ever it is you do when not making a fool of yourself.

Whaaaaaa? Nitrous? Oh my.....do you even have a stock motor?

Chris5.0

forum member
Reaction score
So no answer to my question. Fuck yall lol.

Sorry!

Yes I datalog tranny temps. Tranny gets hotter making a pass than it gets on the brake. Seen it get to 205 at the shop but thats after driving the car to...its not a worry so it really not a concern to always worry about it...

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So no answer to my question. Fuck yall lol.

My trans temp was 76F today, of course it was -10F out. :)

EDIT: My DA is -5,900! Pretty good air today!

Last edited:

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score

You turn any little discrepancy into a mountain no one cares about but your little crowd. You'll argue for pages w BMR over 2lbs. You argue and point out the dumbest shit no one cares about and jump up and down like it's some huge accomplishment because someone forgot to post one mod lol.

Last edited:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Their racecar is more racecar than your racecar. Check.
I do like how in this conversation you think the JPC car is so light weight. Other times when you troll, the car is a "heavier platform" to fit your argument. You troll so hard you do it in circles and don't even remember doing it. Arguing w you is like dangling yarn in front of a kitten. Kitten is having a blast but no idea why it's being laughed at.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1189782&postcount=144
Remember that? JPC was too slow for your arguement and you tried to bulk it up. Now it's too fast and it's "gutted and not street legal." Flip flop

Not at all. You conveniently left out the platform discussion which was the 5.4 being in a SN95 vs. the 5.0 JPC car a S197. Are you going to say those platforms weigh the same?

What I find laughable is how you like to pick and choose parts of conversation from here and there removing the context. Maybe you should cut and paste letters from magazines and newspapers to form your sentences with. Hahahaha!!!!!

For someone who likes to say dynos don't matter, you sure cling to DA as an excuse and talking point an aweful lot. Found that odd. Anyways,..

You have proven my point about dyno numbers. With all the hype you have generated about your kit that produces 700+WHP on a stock motor yet we have 10.3's at the track. Thanks for the help. :)

Hahahaha!!! I like it! You are really clueless about me. Less hype/talk and more results. Get cracking.

One last thing, show us some more pics of your car. Oh that's right....you had to grab a rental to do your "transbrake" testing with.

Now it's going to be damn fun when we finish testing and post "how to build a 6R80 transbrake" for free. No need to buy your kit to get one or wait for when your gracious enough to sell it to other's without your box of parts. :naughty1:

Chris5.0

forum member
Reaction score
1533481_10152120885110915_1206804063_n.jpg

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Not at all. You conveniently left out the platform discussion which was the 5.4 being in a SN95 vs. the 5.0 JPC car a S197. Are you going to say those platforms weigh the same?

What I find laughable is how you like to pick and choose parts of conversation from here and there removing the context. Maybe you should cut and paste letters from magazines and newspapers to form your sentences with. Hahahaha!!!!!
I didn't leave out the platform part. IT'S IN YOUR QUOTE. In case you missed that. As I pointed out it didn't matter what the platform was, they were still both light.

You have proven my point about dyno numbers. With all the hype you have generated about your kit that produces 700+WHP on a stock motor yet we have 10.3's at the track. Thanks for the help. :)
You haven't proven anything. As usual you ASSume that what someone dynos, they hit the track w first outing. It leans out on 7psi and pure E85. So he has to cut it w gas and goes to the track w much less than 700+. Not sure if you're that dense. You just repeat the same shit over and over

One last thing, show us some more pics of your car. Oh that's right....you had to grab a rental to do your "transbrake" testing with.
my car? My car makes about twice to the rear tires as yours. But doesn't have a 6R80.

Now it's going to be damn fun when we finish testing and post "how to build a 6R80 transbrake" for free. No need to buy your kit to get one or wait for when your gracious enough to sell it to other's without your box of parts. :naughty1:
What will be damn fun is when I tell you I couldn't give two flying shits. It's already served it's purpose. It's all you clowns could talk about for weeks. I've converted multiple blower guys in that time period and hammering out details on other kits. I've made more in a month from the shit the tbrake has stirred than I ever would have selling the tbrKe by itself. There was nothing "gracious" about selling them. The fact is by the time the 5th one was sold some hack like you would knocked it off. It's so easy I would have never made a dime off it. So I used it like a big ass billboard. IF he figures it out, I still won't sell my version publicly. It's not worth it. Not worth the money or expanded customer base. I don't want to be responsible when people fry their shit because they hook it up wrong. Or didn't know they couldn't stand on it for 20 seconds because it was "fun as hell." Nope. If I wanted that I would have put it out long ago. Don't find it odd stuff started getting released when black friday sales started? Hmmmmm

Honestly I was hoping some worthless copy cat company was going to get a hold of my box. Spend a bunch of money stocking parts and I was going to wiki leak that shit myself lol

Best part as usual is this "we" you talk about, just like when talking about his car. And "we" figure out the transbrake. When what you mean is your buddy has the smarts and does the leg work, and you ride coat tails as usual. But glad I could show you guys it was possible before you had the intestinal fortitude to try it yourselves. I'll make sure to let you in on my next project so you guys can continue to follow in the foot steps of those who have done it first. There will always be inovators, then guys like you.

Last edited:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Best part as usual is this "we" you talk about, just like when talking about his car. And "we" figure out the transbrake. When what you mean is your buddy has the smarts and does the leg work, and you ride coat tails as usual. But glad I could show you guys it was possible before you had the intestinal fortitude to try it yourselves. I'll make sure to let you in on my next project so you guys can continue to follow in the foot steps of those who have done it first. There will always be inovators, then guys like you.

Let's do talk about "we" for a moment since you want to question my character vs. your box of parts. You know, "wag the dog".

1. That car wouldn't have gone 180 at the mile without my help.
2. That car wouldn't have gone 10.4's without my help.

The fact is I turned as many if not more wrenches on that car in the past couple of years than the owner did.

I turn all the wrenches on my own car. kdanner does one thing for me, tune. I put my own combination of parts together, make my own suspension changes and adjustments, etc...

I have certainly learned quite a bit working alongside him but you shouldn't ASSUME that is a one way road because it isn't.

I read through the Ford service manuals for the 6R80 just like he did and we have spent time bouncing ideas off each other. Yes it was his idea to pursue the transbrake but after we talked about the goals, I said yes let's do it. My car has been the testing platform.

Are you going to say you invented the turbo?
Are you going to say you invented the intercooler?
Are you going to say you invented the transbrake?
Are you going to say you tune the kits you sell?

You must be riding someone else's coattails because you didn't "innovate" the above. Your arrogance will lend itself otherwise for sure. Reminds me of another that used to be on here who invented the aluminum can and sells CAI's. You guys make good company.

Now onto Chris' comment:
I can relate.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Dustin is the whole kit on this car exactly the same as the ones in Odessa recently? If not, what is different?

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
What ever you need to do to do to make youself feel better. Because the way your buddy posted, he's doing the tbrake leg work.

Did I say I invented a turbo, intercooler or tune my kits? Nope. Did I figure out the transbrake for the 6R80? Yup. Will anything you do after just be an attempt to duplicate? Yup. Arrogant? With you? Yup. You talk down to people like you're
something special because you "pick out your own parts." And you tall shit to people becase you bolt them on. I'm just an arrogant asshole with you because you're nothing more than a pest to me. I get along with everyone else here just fine. Is there anyone here you get along with other than Kris?

You guys actually going to figure this out any time so you can pull off this epic wanna be robinhood or do I have to do it for you?

Hey Dustin is the whole kit on this car exactly the same as the ones in Odessa recently? If not, what is different?
Why? I'd be afraid to list any differences and forget one. Wbt might have an aneurysm.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Why? I'd be afraid to list any differences and forget one. Wbt might have an aneurysm.

The why is I heard there was boost creep. Odessa is at 3000' elevation and the highest point in all of FL is 345'. If cars at higher elevation and higher boost had creep, and this one has the same parts, then it certainly creeps more easily, so saying "4 psi" isn't really the whole story.

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
JPC Coyote Stock car is what you call a gutted race car weighing in under 3000lbs. for that 9 second pass. Completely not street legal.

Like your customer's, we have been running street legal cars with the creature comforts. :thumb:

There is always more to the story with you guys.

Doesn't your car have JPC bumpers? I know it has long tubes. Wouldn't those two items make it "not" street legal. I find it funny all the talk about your car and 5.0s in general. My car, albeit a FI car, makes very similar power to yours and probably has about the same amount of money in it, if not less, and its not a godly auto either..:deadhorse:

Last edited:

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
If Larry can put 50psi through a stock shortblock surely you guys can run 5psi :stir:

It's not the power so much as it's lean on 7psi. He was playing w the brake and can't run full boost. But if the eboost doesn't have any duty cycle, you can't control drop off. Drop off correction is a percentage of base duty cycle. When base is zero, you're fucked lol. But trolls whine about excuses when you're testing and haven't broken any "records."

The why is I heard there was boost creep. Odessa is at 3000' elevation and the highest point in all of FL is 345'. If cars at higher elevation and higher boost had creep, and this one has the same parts, then it certainly creeps more easily, so saying "4 psi" isn't really the whole story.
4psi is the whole story. You just don't know what you're talking about. Chris has 75mm cast wheel turbo and he drops boost. The turbos the Odessa boys run are new technology. They move a fuck ton more air at a lower shaft speed and lower drive pressures. THOSE turbos creeped, not a cast 75mm Chris runs. The creep is no secret. I already have a new gate fit for Bad Smurf to test. If it doesn't work they get 60mm wastegates. What you "heard" was no secret. I've already even posted on it.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1928352&postcount=7

I didn't realize Odessa was at 3000ft. They just told me the average DA there is 5-8k though. Which gives their numbers a whole new "oh shit" factor. Daniel thought the dyno calibration was off though lol

Got any other gossip you need cleared up?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back